Windows 7 share select Win 7 folders with OS X

jawman

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and thought this was the place to find some help! My problem:

I want to be able to share select folders on my computer with my roommate, so he can see them and read them from his computer. The only problem is, he has a mac (I know, quite unfortunate). I want to be able to do this just like how I used to do it in XP. I could just go to My Network Places and all other computers on the network who were also running Win XP could view the shared folders. I tried for hours and Google searched it how to do it for Windows 7 & OS X and everyone said something different, and I couldn't get any of them to work. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and my roommate is running the latest version of OS X. I want him to be able to see select folders that I determine, and be able to read, not write, so that he cannot accidentally delete a file or move it around somehow (he's not a real advanced computer user, hence a mac owner).
Basically it's just so I can share my music and videos with him. Also, is there a way so I can see shared folders on his computer that he has selected to share? Like I said, I read many articles, blogs, and forums about how to do this and they all said different things and I couldn't get any of them to work! So if there is an experienced user out there that can help me do this please help!

Thanks!
jawman

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom