Windows 7 Sharing folders on C:

agentcalavera

Hola.

Right ive got windows 7 installed (7057) i upgraded from my vista 64 OS. everything is fine apart from folder sharing on C: drive. all my folders that were shared on my other drivers before i upgraded to windows 7 work fine but the folders that were shared on my C: no longer work. ive tried all the usual firewall stuff, and the permissions seem fine. any ideas?

oh yea and im trying to access them from a XP computer on the system.. but all the others shared folders work though. just C:

Have you tried this:
Open the Control Panel - Network and Sharing Centre.
Over on the left, click "Change Advanced sharing settings"
Choose "Home or work"
Work through the options, giving the appropriate permissions.
I would suggest, for the test, you turn off the password option.
I have a fairly open Lan system around the house. One of the computers is using XP. These are my settings. - I'm assuming you have sett up the common workgroup?

Have you tried this:
Open the Control Panel - Network and Sharing Centre.
Over on the left, click "Change Advanced sharing settings"
Choose "Home or work"
Work through the options, giving the appropriate permissions.
I would suggest, for the test, you turn off the password option.
I have a fairly open Lan system around the house. One of the computers is using XP. These are my settings. - I'm assuming you have sett up the common workgroup?

yea ive beeen through all the various options.. still nothing. another thing is that this windows 7 cannot see any other computer on the network although others can see and access it ( apart from folders on the C: drive)

i can ping them though....

update
-------

this is interesting, while i cant see the other computers on the network in the nework folder. if i type in \\computername in the explorer bar it works.. random bug. still cant share any folder on my C: drive though

Last edited:
A quick fix, maybe not satisfactory, is to copy the files you need to share to the Users/Public folder. - And confirm you are all using the same workgroup name?

A quick fix, maybe not satisfactory, is to copy the files you need to share to the Users/Public folder. - And confirm you are all using the same workgroup name?

all on the same workgroup... other computers cant access the public folders either. any file on the C: drive is not accessible

Back