Windows 10 Should I upgrade to windows 10 on this PC stick?

Colors6

I have this windows stick which converts tv into desktop by plugging in via HDMI.

It has a paltry 32 GB internal storage running windows 8.1. More specs here

MODEL:BEELINK INTEL POCKET P2
CPU:Intel Bay Trail CR,Z3735F
Graphics: lntel HD Graphics
Bluetooth:BT 4.0
RAM:DDR3 2GB
ROM:Onboard eMMC Flash 32GB
WIFI:IEEE 802.11b/g/n ,2.4G

ebay.in/itm/17210233474

Should I upgrade to windows 10?

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

I haven't tried one of these gadgets yet, but I just saw one at Best Buy last week, I think it was a Lenovo stick with W10 already on it. I honestly don't know whether these things will take a Windows OS upgrade or not. They may not be compatible. It might be a good idea to try and create a backup copy onto another generic 32GB flash drive using your computer (if you have one or can borrow one) and using something like Macrium or IMGburn to create a disk image of the Stick onto your computer's hard drive, check that the image file was made using Windows Explorer and that's it's the right size; around 32GB or so. Next, plug your 8.1 stick back into your TV and attempt to run the W10 upgrade via the Internet. If the upgrade works, you're good to go! :up:

Side note here if the upgrade doesn't work, you can also try to run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST in the W10 upgrade install program here to test for hardware or software incompatibilities with your 8.1 stick device: Get Windows 10 app - Check Compatibility Report for Windows 10. If the upgrade fails even if the Compatibility test passes, you can try to copy back the backup image on the 2nd computer you made prior to attempting the upgrade. You might be able to restore it to 8.1 and have it work on that again. Don't know.:andwhat: Be prepared to lose use of that 8.1 stick after the upgrade attempt, however. :sosad: If that's a game-breaker, you might consider buying a new TV stick with W10 already on it; though the one I saw costs $99.99. If you buy the new one and it works, you can always stick the old 8.1 stick in a drawer and use that for backup if the new W10 stick fails at some point.

There is not a lot of room on that 8.1 stick for much software, and the drivers may register as incompatible you'll just have to try it. If the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST returns no issues, complete the W10 upgrade and see if it works. If it works you're upgraded!:up:

If the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST returns issues, you probably won't be able to fix them. My guess would be that the 8.1 stick is write-protected anyway in which case the W10 upgrade will never run in the first place. :waah:

These products are new to the market, so let us know if you have any success there.

Best of luck,:encouragement:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom