Windows 7 Side by Side errors just keep piling up

julio99

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on an Acer 8943g laptop and I like to keep it pretty tidy from errors and such so I was browsing the Event Viewer and just happened to notice that I had a pile of errors that are all of the same nature and pretty well error number. These "Side by Side" errors all seem to be related to little used programs or apps on my machine. I'm leaving a sample Snip of the errors in Event Viewer with a sampling of what it's about. I'm curious if there's a fix for these errors that doesn't involve a terrible amount of computer knowledge. I used to have these errors before and really never gave them a whole lot of attention, but now they seem to be piling up and that is setting off some worrying. I noticed under one of the errora that it said something to the nature of "get a detailed explanation from sxstrace.exe, so when I searched for it from the Start Menu I got it and when I opened it there was a very quick flash of a "Command Prompt" window and it was gone. What am I to do and how am I to do it? Is this something I need to worry about? I hate errors.

Attachments

• SidebySide1.PNG
    SidebySide1.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
I have gotton those types of errors for a long time about a Microsoft Security Essentials file. Microsoft does not seem to be worried about mine, so I would have to say you should not worry either. Maybe someone else knows better.

My errors occur when a Schedulded Task named ProgramDataUpdater runs and checks the components. It finds something it does not like and throws errors. The Scheduled Task in in the Task Scheduler, under Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience. If you check the times the task has run against when the errors show up, it might match up.

To run sxstrace.exe you probably need to open an Administrative command window. In the Start Menu search box, type CMD Then hit CTRL+SHIFT+Enter and agree on UAC popup. The command window should show Administrator on the top. If you type sxstrace help it will show some sample commands on the bottom. Each one has to be run separately. The first one does the trace and makes a file and the second one converts it so you can read it. I haven't done one is a while, so if you have problems post back. And you can copy and paste in the command window.

I just ran a trace on my error and the info I got does not appear to be worth the effort. It basically just says the same thing as the error message.

Begin Activation Context Generation.
Input Parameter:
Flags = 0
ProcessorArchitecture = AMD64
CultureFallBacks = en-US;en
ManifestPath = c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll
AssemblyDirectory = c:\program files\microsoft security client\
Application Config File =
-----------------
INFO: Parsing Manifest File c:\program files\microsoft security client\MSESysprep.dll.
INFO: Manifest Definition Identity is Microsoft.MSE.MSESysprep,processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32",version="5.1.0.0".
ERROR: Line 10: The element imaging appears as a child of element urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1^assembly which is not supported by this version of Windows.
ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
End Activation Context Generation.

You are so right about the trouble not being worth it for something that so far has only showed up as an error. Mine seem to be related to Windows live/movie maker-Windows live/photo gallery and Nero/photo snap viewer or something to that extent. I had trouble getting the prompt to find the proper path specified, so with that said I think I'll postpone surger until this becomes more than just a irritating error. Thanks SG

Back
Top Bottom