Windows 10 Sign-in Options BLANK

jpr9845

When I go to settings>accounts>sign-in options the screen is blank and all I see is dots running from left to right at the top of the window. What do I need to do to repair this?

The folder:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc

is empty!

I prefer to use a PIN to sign in rather than having to type my password, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sign in options.jpg

Have you got a ISO downloaded on your computer? If you do right click it and click on mount. Open it up to see the files and find I believe it is setup.exe. Click on that and it will start the process of repairing your OS. You will have the option to save all your files. I don't know the answer and I think this would work. Apparently some files are missing. Maybe somebody else here might know of a better way to fix it.

I do not have an ISO, thanx for your input. I will wait and see if I get other responses first and then maybe download the ISO and try that.
Thanx again.

Your welcome. The reason I mentioned is because during the evaluation period I was having some problems one of the copies and called Microsoft. They sent me an iso and then went ahead and started the repair for me. It helped.

Your welcome. The reason I mentioned is because during the evaluation period I was having some problems one of the copies and called Microsoft. They sent me an iso and then went ahead and started the repair for me. It helped.

I have the ISO, a bit worried about running it though. When I run setup.exe it starts like it going to do an install. Will it eventually see that Windows 10 is already installed and offer to repair my current Windows?

Update: I went ahead and clicked install, it did not go to a window offering to repair windows. It said now installing Windows 0%....1%....etc... I cancelled the install. I am doing this while logged in to my computer. Should I boot from the Windows 10 USB/disc?

Last edited:
It works like you are doing an upgrade. When Microsoft did it for me it started like it was checking everything and then it came to a window that asked if I wanted save files. What I learned is doing a clean install works the best. Just make sure you back up your files so either way you will have them.

Back
Top Bottom