Windows 7 Skype options doesn't stay to bluetooth headset

Marios1441

I bought a bluetooth headset with microphone and only works on multimedia in HP Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit but not with Skype. There is no stereo sound, microphone doesn't work and sound can be selected as
mono device only on Skype settings. I also set it up on advanced audio settings in Skype to remain and use
the bluetooth headset and microphone when bluetooth headset is on and automatically go to speakers if bluetooth headset is off. But when i reboot the computer the audio settings return to speakers and built it laptop microphone. This doesn't happen to my desktop pc. I also configured in Windows audio settings the headset to be the first selected device for audio and microphone when is on. The headset is Silvercrest SBTH-4.0 A1. I also tried it with Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter as the headset requires bluetooth 4.0 to work but not helped. I also
installed CSR Harmony 2.0 bluetooth stack and the Stereo option appeared to Skype for sound but not for microphone. What should i do?

I have done everything saying in this Skype help page including pairing the device with my computer but didn't worked.

Have you considered actually posting in the skype forum itself? Maybe an other user has used the same device?

If you don't get any help Marios the please come back to us and we'll try other avenues.

Didn't you read the requirements before buying the headset?

I bought a bluetooth headset with microphone and only works on multimedia in HP Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit but not with Skype. There is no stereo sound, microphone doesn't work and sound can be selected as
mono device only on Skype settings. I also set it up on advanced audio settings in Skype to remain and use
the bluetooth headset and microphone when bluetooth headset is on and automatically go to speakers if bluetooth headset is off. But when i reboot the computer the audio settings return to speakers and built it laptop microphone. This doesn't happen to my desktop pc. I also configured in Windows audio settings the headset to be the first selected device for audio and microphone when is on. The headset is Silvercrest SBTH-4.0 A1. I also tried it with Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter as the headset requires bluetooth 4.0 to work but not helped. I also
installed CSR Harmony 2.0 bluetooth stack and the Stereo option appeared to Skype for sound but not for microphone. What should i do?
Also i set as default device for audio to be used in the audio properties in Windows 7 for bluetooth headset and its microphone but when headset is off doesn't return to use speakers and built-in microphone and there is no sound coming from speakers and laptop built-in microphone doesn't work. How can i do this?

If your making the headset the default device then when it's turned off the machine won't do anything as the default device is turned off.. You will have to manually change the default setting each time.

Back
Top Bottom