So Long, TrueCrypt: 5 Alternative Encryption Tools That Can Lock Down Your Data

I found a video showing how to use DiskCryptor:

I have the confidence to try this one now that I saw it in operation. I do like in particular the way the boot cd's work. What do you think of this one? It is free and open source which is a very good thing too.

Truecrypt was a good application. I could make a container-file with any extension, and srore there all my sensitive files.
But if appears the information, that it is not save now, we need to find another way. There are many applications, which can create encrypted space on the disk or encrypt entire disk. I have tryed several programs: DiskCryptor, Bitlocker, Decart Privat disk etc.
Disk crypter can only encrypt entire disk drive, the deal has ended with reinstalling of Windows. Bitlocker doesn't work on my system, it needs TPM. Decart is not free. So, the best program is Rohos Mini. You can encrypt your USB drive in two ways: create a container-file, protected by a password, and mount it as virtual disk, or, using Rohos Browser, you can encrypt entire USB drive, or create there a real hidden partition, invisible for Windows programs.

Back
Top Bottom