[SOLVED] BSOD with DMP file

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by OdacNiar, Aug 28, 2013.

1. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

Hello;
    I have been having an ongoing problem that whenever I try to play any game (such as):
    *Minecraft
    *Need For Speed; Hot Pursuit AND NFS Most Wanted
    *Star Wars, Knights Of The Old Republic
    My computer will get crash with a BSOD. This only happens when I am in the middle of gameplay of one of these games, and it happens so frequently (every 5-30 mins about) it makes them all completely unplayable.
    I have uploaded a mini-dump file, and I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is wrong.
    please don't give me a code analysis like I got from OSR: http://goo.gl/5zKRwE
    please tell me what is wrong, and if at all possible, how to fix it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Odac.

Attached Files:

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

I will defer to one of our BSOD analyst get's a hold of your dmp file and has a look at it. In the meantime, can you post your system specs with as much detail as possible...make/model number of each component....mobo, CPU, GPU, PSU wattage, HDD/SSD installed, the type of connection to your HDD/SSD.

First thing I can suggest, is that you make sure you have all the latest drivers installed for all your hardware. Get them directly from the manufacturer's website support/downloads section. Then make sure you have the latest chipset driver for your mobo and see if there is a BIOS update....and update BIOS if there is one.

3. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

Thanks for your Reply Bassfisher-
    Yes, I have all the latest drivers-I even did a complete clean re-installation of all my AMD drivers with their uninstall tool since I thought that one of them was causing the problem.
    As for a BIOS update, I will check, but I highly doubt that that is the issue because I built my system from scratch less than 2 months ago, and since then have checked for a BIOS update.

Here are my system Specs:
    *MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard
    *CPU: AMD A10 5800K APU (I am using the built-in graphics in place of a graphics card)
    *GPU: (see above)
    *PSU: 430W Corsair CX430
    *HDD: Western Digital 1TB Black edition (some reason mine is only 931 GB according to all my system specs, but it was marketed as 1TB)

4. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

almost forgot:
    *RAM: 4GB of Corsair Vengeance (4x1gb)

5. bassfisher6522

What kind of CPU cooler do you have installed on that CPU...eg stock fan/heat sink or an aftermarket CPU cooler?

Since you say it only happens while playing games, my hunch is that it's an overheating issue....but this is just an educated/gut guess. It could be a RAM problem (bad stick). To rule out RAM as an issue, run Memtest86+ for at least 4 pass's. This will take a lot of time so be patient.

Hopefully one of our BSOD guys will pick up on this thread soon.

6. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

I am using the stock CPU fan that came with my processor, but I have looked at my cpu temps and they are not usually over 60 degrees Celsius.

Alright, I have burned Memtest86 to my bootable CD, and I will see what the results are soon.

7. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

UPDATE:
    I ran the Memtest for 6 passes over a total running time of 4 hours 40 minutes, it didn't find any errors.

8. bassfisher6522

Well that's great...at least you know you have good RAM sticks. Now about you CPU cooling, what kind do you have?

9. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

I am using the stock CPU fan that came with my processor, but I have looked at my cpu temps and they are not usually over 60 degrees Celsius.

10. OdacNiar

OdacNiar New Member

I managed to get the computer working-what I did is I disabled CCC (AMD catalyst control center) from starting up as well as AMD fuel service, and now it works...
    Anyway, thanks for your advice Bassfisher.
    I shall now go play SWKOTOR-Bye!

11. bassfisher6522

That AMD Fuel service was a known bug but that was fixed with the 13.1 driver/CCC update. Strange....just keep an eye on it...