Windows 7 Some websites cause connnection drops...

Bushmaster78FS

Especially YouTube... I get a caution sign on top of the internet icon, indicating I have now limited connection. Only way to fix that is to disable and enable the network adapter back. If I only surf forums and all, there isn't much problem. I noticed it happens a lot on flash based websites, Youtube, AOL News photos etc. When I watch low quality YouTube videos, there isn't any problem either, I mean connection wise, it doesn't drop, it is choppy, but doesn't drop. As soon as I switch to hi-quality, connection drops.

My laptop's wireless adapter doesn't have the same problem. My XP install in another partition has no problem either. I can't find drivers for this Intel Pro 1000 PM adapter, so I have no clue how to fix this. Does anyone have the same connectivity problem?

405914637.png

405915154.png

My connection is not that bad either, but for some reason, YouTube is slow as heck.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have noticed this myself. Only sites like youtube are very slow. I am currently uploading a 13.2MB file youtube, but its only 50% of the way there, and its been doing that for 25 minutes now. When I had vista before, it would upload something like that, in 2-4 minutes.

A solution would be awesome, at this point.

Just a note to all posters who are having problems.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we neede to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Five choices
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. Download |MG| SIW (System Info) 2009.5.12
4. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

More information is needed about your adapters

I am having the same issues. Windows 7 build 7100. I upgraded from Vista 32 bit. I have a A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo, nVidia Network (dual) controller. I have disabled the 2nd network controller as well as the on board wireless adaptor. Still having intermittent problems.

It seems to be more prevelant when visiting sites that have flash video, such as espn.com. I almost always lose network connectivity at that point. I can solve the issue by right clicking on the "Network" icon in the system tray, and then click "troubleshoot problem". Below is a report after the issue was temporarily resolved.

I appreciate any advise.

Windows Network Diagnostics
Issues found

The default gateway is not available
Fixed
Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapter

Completed
Investigate router or broadband modem issues

Not run
Issues found

The default gateway is not available Fixed
The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to
the Internet. A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway.
Reset the "Local Area Connection" adapter

Completed
This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem.
Network Diagnostics Log
File Name:

251B8F0E-F8E7-4F31-B1AF-FE4092D5CE51.Repair.1.etl
Investigate router or broadband modem issues

Not run
If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network, contact the network
administrator. Otherwise: 1. Unplug or turn off the device. 2. After all the lights
on the device are off, wait at least 10 seconds. 3. Turn the device on or plug it
back into the power outlet. To restart a router or modem that has a built-in
battery, press and quickly release the Reset button.
Detection details
Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:
Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information:
Description . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 1.0.1.211
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\netnvm32.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:47:44 AM
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : NVENET55.NDI
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10de&dev_0373
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6

Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

FIXED:

If you have an nForce nVidia Network Controller on your motherboard, then you need to update your driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

1) Go to the website above, select "nForce" in the product type
2) select the appropriate "series" for your motherboard. If you don't know the series, then go to step 2a, otherwise proceed to step 3.
2a) (note: if you are not sure of the series, then first click "Motherboard drivers" in the option 2 section. But don't select the driver, here, just find out the series. Then go back step 2
3) Select download type "Driver"
4) In Operating system, select 'Wndows 7" with the appropriate 32 or 64 bit.

After installing the driver, my network connection has been rock solid. Good luck!

A could be solution...???

Hi all, I know its repetative, but totaly agree with the posted solution...

Sounds like your having similar problems to what I was having. My problem was with general internet use, but it happened most often when using Flash intensive websites for some reason. I manually updated my Networking Controller (yep, NForce Networking Controller) and all is fine now. Use the above posted advise which is clear and concise and update your drivers manualy.

Just don't rely on Windows Update! When I manually updated to version 68 or something, windows update told me there was a new driver, which i installed and it went back to version 1.0.0.0 .

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Can someone help in this matter? I can't find a new driver for the damn Intel PRO 1000 PM NIC. My troubleshooting help doesn't find a solution either... It seems I am stuck.

Back
Top Bottom