Windows 8 Sony Vaio 14P Fan Issues after Windows 8.1 Upgrade

Stratman

Hi everyone. I updated my Sony Vaio E series 14P (model number: SVE14A190X) to Windows 8.1 the other night and I've had an issue with the fan running at full throttle constantly when the laptop is turned on. It doesn't matter if the laptop is in sleep mode or if the CPU is running at 2% the fan continues to blast. I did some looking on some other forums and found several other people who had the same issue but were able to fix it by updating the graphics driver. The problem is that every time I try to update the graphics driver or disable it or do anything with it the computer will immediately shut off and upon rebooting will bring me to a black screen where all I can see is my flickering cursor. I've done several system restores but they only go as far back as right after I upgraded to 8.1. Thanks in advance for any help!

I believe I am running the latest BIOS. I checked Sony's website and I have the BIOS that they released last year for Windows 8 but they haven't released a new one for 8.1 yet.

Back