Windows 7 Sony Vaio SZ770N windows x32 graphics driver

lcasco

I recently upgraded my Sony Vaio sz770n from Windows Vista business to Windows 7 x32 professional. It works great except it keeps saying that there is a problem with my intel graphics driver and the screen will freeze occasionally for no reason. I have looked on the sony website, intel and nvidia and cannot find a graphics/video driver for my computer. The sony site says that there is a video driver from nvidia but there is no file to download. I have also tried to reinstall the old windows vista driver but my computer won't allow it. It says that the driver is not intended for windows 7. I like windows 7 but this problem is super inconvient. Can somebody help me figure this out?

Hi Icasco,

If you check the screen shot you'll see that there are indeed drivers for your machine. I believe that the actual GPU drivers will be contained within the chipset drivers so try updating them first.
The actual link to that page is here:

Sony eSupport - VGN-SZ770N - Software Updates & Drivers

I also found this:

supported_text.gif

VGNSZ770N
your_vaio_model.gif

Congratulations! You are on your way to enjoying the great new features of Windows® 7.

Here are the recommended steps to install Windows® 7 on your computer.
  1. Read important information from Microsoft about upgrading from Windows Vista® to Windows 7 or upgrading from Windows® XP to Windows 7.
  2. Purchase a retail copy of the Windows® 7 operating system
  3. Print a copy of the step-by-step instructions to install Windows® 7 provided below that apply for your computer. You will need to follow these instructions to ensure a successful installation. It is strongly recommended that you read these instructions BEFORE beginning any installation.
  4. Download the Windows® 7 drivers provided by Sony for your model.
    • Although basic system functionality may be enabled with the drivers that come with Windows® 7, Sony provides certain drivers to enhance compatibility and system useability
    • You can copy these files to your hard drive or directly to external media such as a CD/DVD, Memory Stick® media, Memory Card or external hard drive.
      Note They will need to be copied onto external media when you begin the installation process.
  5. Use the Microsoft Easy Transfer tool to migrate settings and files from another computer if desired.

Ref: Sony eSupport - VGN-SZ770N

Thanks, kemical but I have downloaded the newest chipset from intel and the problem persists. Also my action center says that there is a problem with my intel graphics driver, but when I search for a solution it says that it cannot find one.

Back
Top Bottom