Windows 7 Sony Vaio VGN-CR220E Windows 7 64bit webcam / SC card reader issue

mourningstar625

I have scoured the internet over the past couple of days looking for information about how to get the webcam and card reader working in windows 7 64 on this laptop. I am a sys-admin by trade but this has me stumped, and I see other forums members might have more knowledge about this.

I found the thread with the specific order for a different vaio model for the media control buttons but that didn't work for me, I cant change the screen brightness but some of the other controls work like the volume and the display on/off button. As for the card reader I tried the vista and XP drivers in compatability mode to no luck, even tried installing them directly from the inf file. Neither works and I am still left with a mass storage controller listed in the device manager.

As for the webcam nothing I have found is remotely helpful, and its not even listed in device manager so I could even try messing with the device drivers. I was thinking I would try drivers from a similar model but I can't really find a similar one and my knowledge of the vaio models is quite lacking. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck setting either of these up and sharing your mastery of nagivating sony's horrible driver site.

Wow.. that's a toughie... Have you tried a Sony forum? Same with the webcam, perhaps there is an FAQ etc. If you list the webcam etc I might be able to help more?

I dont know any sony forum but the webcam is not listed in device manager and the other I haven't found a way to install the driver, they all say there is nothing for the x64 environment.

Do you know the manufacturer?

Here is the link for the Sony forum:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hii.. mmm Lets try this..ok..
first download the original driver from the Sony support site MEMORY CARD READER WRITER DRIVER,
then Unzip it and save to mm Desktop.
ok now go to the device manager, locate unknown device mass storage controller,
right click and update driver..
select locate manually the select the desktop folder, AND click next.
That's it.. Will see whats gonna happen ok.. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom