tsianos1

hey i installed realtek high definition sound for my 5.1 speakers confugured all the speakers to full sound ana these....but when i do test all the speakers work but when i listen wmp or games or windows voices only 2 speakers work. cant fix it.

and on control panel sound speakers and propereties it says:

Controller information:
Realtek High Definition Audio Propereties
Realtek
Jack Information:
L R Rear Panel mm Jack
RL RR Rear Panel mm Jack
C Sub Rear Panel mm Jack

Solution
It seems like you've configured your 5.1 speakers correctly, as they are working during testing, but when listening to music, games, or system sounds, only two speakers are functioning. This discrepancy could be due to the audio output settings in your applications or the sound settings in Windows. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Windows Sound Settings:
- Speaker Configuration:
- Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray and select "Sounds."
- Go to the "Playback" tab and right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio speakers.
- Click on "Configure Speakers" and ensure that it is set to 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Enhancements:
It seems like you've configured your 5.1 speakers correctly, as they are working during testing, but when listening to music, games, or system sounds, only two speakers are functioning. This discrepancy could be due to the audio output settings in your applications or the sound settings in Windows. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
### Troubleshooting Steps:
1. Windows Sound Settings:
- Speaker Configuration:
- Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray and select "Sounds."
- Go to the "Playback" tab and right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio speakers.
- Click on "Configure Speakers" and ensure that it is set to 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Enhancements:
- Go to the "Enhancements" tab and make sure that all enhancements are disabled.

2. Application Settings:
- Windows Media Player (WMP):
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Right-click on the Now Playing screen and select "Enhancements" > "SRS WOW Effects" to open the SRS WOW audio settings.
- Make sure that the speaker configuration is set to 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Games and Apps:
- Check the audio settings within the specific games or applications you use. Look for any options related to speaker configuration or sound output.
3. Realtek Audio Manager:
- Realtek Audio Manager Settings:
- Open the Realtek Audio Manager.
- Check for any settings related to speaker configuration, audio effects, or sound balance. Ensure that it is set to 5.1 Surround Sound.

4. Driver Updates:
- Ensure your Realtek audio drivers are up to date. Visit the Realtek website or use Windows Update to check for the latest driver updates.
5. Test with Different Media:
- Try playing audio from various sources like different music files, videos, and games to see if the issue persists across all media types.
6. Reinstall Realtek Drivers:
- Uninstall the current Realtek audio drivers from the Device Manager and reinstall them.
7. Check Cable Connections:
- Ensure all cables are properly connected to the correct ports on your sound card or motherboard.
### Update for Control Panel Information:
The information you provided from the Control Panel indicates that the Realtek High Definition Audio controller recognizes all the speakers in your 5.1 setup.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, please let me know for further assistance.

Solution
Back