Sound Very Scratchy

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Likepiestr1234, May 20, 2014.

1. Likepiestr1234

Likepiestr1234 New Member

My sound is very scratchy, usually when i skype with multiple people, or skype with one person and play games at the same time, as if my computer cannot handle 2 sources of sound at the same time. This happens with my speaks and headphones so it is not a hardware problem. all drivers are up to date, but let me know what information i need to post because i am not sure.

P.S. it does not only happen with skype but also other things such as games and youtube. on a bad day i cant even play a game without listening to crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

let me know what you need

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Sometimes poor shielding from electromagnectic sources can cause extra noise. Do you have some big speakers nearby or something similar? Also please post your system spec/set up.

3. Likepiestr1234

Specs:
    windows 7
    Asus N55SF laptop
    i7 - 2630QM 2.00GHz
    6GB ram
    realtek High Definition audio

I do not have any big speakers or something similar near my laptop. I did just however notice that when i am playing games, my device manager shows me that i have an extra 3 Nvidia high def audio sound drivers, and when i close the game those disapear.

4. kemical

Hmm... Whenever I install those drivers I uncheck the hi def driver part as I already have sound why not try removing your drivers using something like this:
    http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
    That will remove any old bits of driver lying around then re-install but remember to uncheck the Hi def Nvidia driver.

5. Likepiestr1234

This looks like its for display drivers. does it work for sound as well? ill give this a go and we will see how it goes thanks

6. kemical

I think it only works for GPU drivers but as they now come with a Hi def section too (AMD and Nvidia at least) this hopefully may help.

7. badrobot

badrobot Senior Member

If your video card has HDMI port, that may be applicable as HDMI delivers both video and audio.
    When I had this problem with "scratchy" audio, I just went to the Sound Settings in Control Panel and changed the the default Playback sound to Speakers instead of AMD HDMI output and it solved my problem. I don't know if it applies to you, too.

[​IMG]