Windows 7 SP1 won't install. I have the CheckSUR log from the update readiness tool

davidm

Hey, I reinstalled windows 7 a few weeks ago and everything went well and its running really fast and never crashes or anything but SP1 just will not ever install. I tried disabiling my antivirus, installing it without any other updates, downloading it off the Microsoft site and installing it manually, going into troubleshooting in the control panel for the updates and it did some checks and said it repaired some update stuff but it did nothing and I tried the update readiness tool. It installed and did a scan and said it fixed some stuff but it didn't fix my problem.

Here is the log from the update readiness tool. I searched around on how to understand the log but couldn't really find much so hopefully one of you can help. I did download and copy the KB2633952.msu file into the CheckSUR directly like it says on the Microsoft site to fix the unavailable repair files problem but it did not solve the problem. Thanks in advance.

The update KB2633952 seems to address the time change and was posted in Nov. of 2011. Do you show it as being installed, or show where is has failed.

Is your system clock running normally, and did it change Daylight savings this last time?

But you are saying the SP1 update will not install, and some of these indicate and SP1 update. I suppose I should note the update is supposed to work on the RTM and SP1 versions of Windows 7.

Does the SP1 update show as failed in the Windows Update history. And if it does, can you right click and get any info on why?

Is your system rolling back after the SP1 install attempt?

Download windows 7 ISO with SP1 (has to be version specific) and burn it and try installing that way.

Link Removed - Not Found

Hey thanks for the replies but I solved the problem. I put in the Windows 7 install CD and when it asked for the install type I picked Upgrade. I let that run through and complete. When I started Windows again there was over 100 updates to download and install and I let it work away until it got to SP1 and it installed that correctly and I am now running on SP1.