Windows 10 Spartan, what are these icons?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Spartan is pretty spartan, especially since whenever I point at the icons in the upper right they disappear.
I'm talking about the Star, Folder with Star, Pad, Smiley Face and the 3 Dots.

Spartan%201_zpsxrgmfkt3.jpg

Spartan%202_zpsoxtsc4vh.jpg

Once they are gone they don't come back unless I close Spartan and open it again.
I assume these are supposed to let me access things like favorites etc?

The good news is that it isn't crashing as soon as I open it anymore.
But it does just load a blank screen once in a while and I don't have any back button or anyway to navigate to anyplace else.

But I can navigate away from the main page now, something that I couldn't do yesterday without it's starting to blink and then crashing.

Mike

In order they are:
Favourites
Favourites Manager
Web note (write on the web page)
Feedback
Settings
My icons work fine Mike although I did a clean install. May be worth a reset or re-install perhaps?

Hi

I guess I'll wait for the next build and maybe do a clean install on my other drive.
I do seem to be having some issues that other people aren't.

This is the first time that Spartan has worked at all, before not only would the icons disappear, the screen would flash and eventually crash.

Mike

Same here, and I am also on an update and not on a clean install.
In the old days you used to hear "it is not a bug, it's a feature" and yes I thought it it to be feature, not yet understood by me... :)

Have a nice weekend

Last edited:
Hi

For what it's worth Spartan started working on my computer today.
The icons don't disappear when I point at them and it doesn't seem to be flashing and crashing.

I don't know if this is due to an update or just one of those things.

I'm actually posting this from Spartan.

Mike

Last edited:
Another for what it's worth, I just logged in and now it's back to working like it was before again.
The icons vanish when I point to them.

Back
Top Bottom