Windows 7 Specified Pathe Does Not Exist

Henry Wong

I am not sure where this problem is coming from. I have never seen this before with a shortcut. Is it a problem with VIM, Rocket Dock or Windows? The reason I ask if it could be VIM is because it is the only shortcuts that have this problem.

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 337
vimd.exe seems to be broken in many cases. Not much more to do than uninstall and reinstall. Also, it seems to be quite obsolete. References are to Windows 95 and 98, the mere NTFS partition can make it impossible to run. You could try to run it in a compatibility mode, perhaps Windows 98, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-windows

Is this a newly appeared problem? Has everything worked well this far? Shortcut problems are quite often caused by viruses or other malware, thus I would suggest that you scan your computer thoroughly, with the Antivirus you have, and also Malwarebytes.

Best of all. :)

*facepalm* I am really embarrassed to say that I found the problem. The path that the shortcut was looking for is C:\Program Files (x86)\VIM\vimd.exe and this is wrong. Under the Task manager it identifies as a 64 Bit Process so I put it in the 64 Bit Program Files directory, so it should be C:\Program Files\VIM\vimd.exe. For what ever reason Rocket Dock decided that the (x86) was dropped off by "accident" and was so kind as to add it back for me *rolls eyes* I guess this would be, at least for me, a good lesson to remember, software will do some crazy stuff and to think outside the nine dots.

No need to be embarrassed. There are no stupid questions, only those that haven't been made. You never know when your question helps someone else, via a simple Google search, or something.

I'm glad you got it solved. :up:

Back
Top Bottom