Windows 7 Speed 64 bit

Thomas

It seams that the 7000 realese runs slower :( that the pre realese 6801 and the 69xx but I am shure that will change with every update ;). Still one xxxx of a O/S. :D

Thomas :cool:

What?
No, it doesn't, it's about 12% faster, including things like encoding and game frame rates.

I agree with Kyle on this one.. Windows 7 Beta is not slower than the previous builds.. It is, as he said, AT LEAST 12% faster than builds 6801 and 6956.. ;)

I never used any of the prvious builds of win 7, only because it was not avalible to me, and I wasnt really so eager to get it...

I will say my fps has gone up in my games :), compaired to xp and vista....

I am happy a BETA proudct from ms workes better than vista.

64 bit

I tested the 32 bit in the pre realese and was realy impressed. Then I put 64 bit on boath computers and not so fast. I have tried to tune it several ways and it is slowre than 32 bit for some reason. I have put all the 64 bit drivers in and still no speed. Windows Vista 64 will blow it away in every type of bench mark I use . Sorry:mad:

Thomas:cool:

I've been using Vista 64 for the last 18 months or so and put Win 7 on the day before yesterday. The performance increase, while not stellar, is as plain to see as the nose on my face ;)

Back
Top Bottom