SSD Disk Busy

GDany

Hi GDany, I ran from cmd chkdsk /f /r /x, it took only about one hours to run. I still had a brief free since then.
Sorry to hear that it didn't help.
As I think I understand from the System Info pictures you posted, this was originally a gaming computer which had a different system disk, probably an m.2 ssd which was later replaced with the 2TB Crucial MX500. Am I right or not? If this is the case and especially if you say that your son updated the BIOS recently, I would go to the BIOS setup and I would try to "Load Optimized Defaults" in the Save & Exit menu.
If this also won't change anything in the behavior of your ssd, then you probably have a faulty drive.
Here is a link to your motherboard user manual: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450m-ds3h_e.pdf

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Frank McLean

Sorry, I thought I had responded to that. Yes I ran chkdsk /f /r /x it took just a little more than an hour to run. The short 30 second freeze occurred after running the check disk. I haven't used the PC much since then. I'll have to watch for a awhile to see if it fixed the problem. But the freezes are related to the Disk Busy phenom-en.

GDany

Sorry, I thought I had responded to that. Yes I ran chkdsk /f /r /x it took just a little more than an hour to run. The short 30 second freeze occurred after running the check disk. I haven't used the PC much since then. I'll have to watch for a awhile to see if it fixed the problem. But the freezes are related to the Disk Busy phenom-en.
Oh, yes, you already sent us your results after the chkdsk test. What i suggested now is something else related to your computer bios. You did not read my previous message.
I suspect that the computer was used as a gaming computer before you got it and maybe changes were done in its bios. I only suggest to make a reset of the bios by loading its optimized settings.
Also, I did not realy understand what do you mean by Disk busy error and what is the difference between computer freeze and disk busy.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Frank McLean

For some reason I didn't see the post you made until I responded again about the running chkdsk. Hi GDany, My son built this PC for me about a year and a half ago. No it didn't have an m.2.ssd it had a regular mechanical hard drive. The HHD was then changed to the Crucial MX500 SSD. I did this using an Acronis back up image to put the image on the new SSD. Okay, I'll go into BIOS setup and try to 'Load Optimized Defaults' & Save and Exit menu.

Frank McLean

The reason I didn't see that I had posted before was that I was on pag1 and things had moved on to page 2. Hi GDany, so I went into the BIOS and loaded Optimized Defaults and have saved and exited that. So, I just have to wait and see what transpires now. Thanks again GDany for you help.