Insider Preview Start Menu Not Opening On Vmware Player

I installed technical preview of Windows 10 on a Vmware virtual machine runs from VmWare Player. But I can't opened the start menu when I clicked down on the icon. I installed twice but problem still continues. Why can't I see the start menu?

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Works ok on my vmware workstation... the start button has an animation so how much ram did you give it and has the vmtools been installed yet?

I think you are right. When I increase the ram amount, the start menu animation loaded after a few seconds. Thank you for reply.

My start menu was working very well until today. There was an update and after that update, my start menu is totally unresponsive.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi Charlie,

My start menu was working very well until today.
Is your start manu in a vmware build?

There was an update and after that update,
The vmware updated or windows did... if its the vmware, did you re-install your vmware tools?

my start menu is totally unresponsive.
100% cpu is normaly a virus of some sort and prob a win32.(crypt would be my pick) in the system swap files.

Run a full scan and see if that fixes it mate.

I am probably in the wrong thread, but was the only one that came close to my problem. No, I am not on a VMware. My CPU is running at 32% so not that. Since I am not on VMWare, I have no VMware tools to reinstall. I am going to look for a different thread to possibly find a solution.

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Please start your own mate... much better for all of us and good luck with it.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.