Windows 7 Start Menu Problem

Shakethebabyass

Hello. Thanks for reading my post. I appreciate you.

I have Windows 7 x64 Premium Retail Version.

For some reason on my start menu, the little arrows next to some links such as (IE, Norton.. ) do not open no matter how many times I attempt.

Can you please tell me how to fix this? Guesses welcome.

I have tried to clean registry but it doesnt help.

I have not installed new software and it has not worked since I installed 7 almost a month ago.
Link Removed due to 404 Error
SEE SCREENSHOT:

Untitled.png

Hello. Thanks for reading my post. I appreciate you.

I have Windows 7 x64 Premium Retail Version.

For some reason on my start menu, the little arrows next to some links such as (IE, Norton.. ) do not open no matter how many times I attempt.

Can you please tell me how to fix this? Guesses welcome.

I have tried to clean registry but it doesnt help.

I have not installed new software and it has not worked since I installed 7 almost a month ago.
Link Removed due to 404 Error
SEE SCREENSHOT:

Untitled.png
I suspect a corrupted system file. From an elevated command prompt, run sfc /scannow. You may have to insert your install disk.

Solved

I suspect a corrupted system file. From an elevated command prompt, run sfc /scannow. You may have to insert your install disk.

I appreciate you helping me. Although that did not work, I was never aware of that Command and I will now be aware of it for future reference =)

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!
~ I have an obsession of having a tidy and very clean desktop. For that reason, I always remove the shortcut arrows from the desktop icons using system mechanic.

I tested to see if I put the arrows back what would happened and now the start menu is 100% working.

If anyone knows how to get the shortcuts off and not ruin the start menu, please email me!

Thanks Guys/Girls =)
~Eric xxx.

Back