Windows Vista STARTS IN PREBOOT ASSESSMENT BUILD 4106 Dell 1720 Inspiron Laptop

tms

Dell Inspiron 1720 (17â€Â￾) Laptop Computer (Intel Pentium Dual Core T2390, 160GB HDD, 3GB RAM)

Replaced hard drive and did clean install
Reinstalled DellMediaDirect, Reinstalled vista Home Premium Edition & Drivers and Utilities from factory disc.
PROBLEM:
Diagnostic boot selected at start up STARTS IN PREBOOT ASSESSMENT BUILD 4106 at the bottom it reads PRESS ESC TO ABOARD TESTING OK to reboot your system, pressed OK then it goes into windows boot manager to boot Microsoft Windows Vista or To specify an advanced option for this choice, press F8. I selected Microsoft Windows Vista then start windows normally. Ran all updates.

OS Provided Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Processor
Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core T2390 / 1.86 GHz
Multi-Core processor technology Dual-Core
64-+ processor Yes
Data bus speed 533.0 MHz
Processor features Intel 64 Technology , Execute Disable Bit capability , Enhanced SpeedStep technology
Chipset type Mobile Intel GM965 Express

Please help…Thank you

I don't really know, I had no problem with a hp laptop every thing works fine on the hp. Dell is a lot different. Media works fine and the computer passed all its tests, it recognizes the hard drive, and I updated about 80 updates last night. I'm really new with laptops and have never had a problem with a desk top hard drive or reinstalling any windows os. This might be something Dell does, I have never owned a Dell before.

I really thank you,

tms

[FONT=&quot]Hello Celestra,

How cool of you to help me, I went to that site tried it but I get a blank screen. The site looks as if it has promise. I'll try this again tomorrow after I get home from work and have more time. There is still hope, a live dog is better than a dead lion.

Thank you so very much,

tms
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hello Celestra,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How cool of you to help me, I went to that site tried it but I get a blank screen. The site looks as if it has promise. I'll try this again tomorrow after I get home from work and have more time. There is still hope, a live dog is better than a dead lion.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you so very much,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]tms[/FONT]
Hi! If you click on that link to Dell Forums that I gave you, it should come up. It does for me. Anyway- if there is some problem, code in the topic into your search "Dell Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion" and your search engine will locate it for you. They look very much alive with many recent posts.

Hello Celestra,

I went to that site and followed the instructions; my screen just goes blank with only a blinking cursor in the top left. The difference in the visual instructions is that my Dell still says STARTS IN PREBOOT ASSESSMENT BUILD 4106 Dell, starts the test then goes into what he was saying. Right now I’m reloading everything again. Most likely I will be back to the site or the other ones you directed me to, I'll have more time this weekend...
So again thank you so very much for all you have done for me.

God bless you,

tms

Link Removed due to 404 Error This talks about using the Dell Diagnostic Utility. (Make sure you get the right article for your computer) I would also go ahead and talk to a Dell Tech if I were you-- 1-800-www-Dell. In the Dell Community Forums you might talk to "owl4595" (owl) General Hardware

Man are we getting spammed!
Sorry to anyone who has been inconvenienced....:) Hopefully with Mikes help this should come to a stop soon..

How do I lead Youtube videos to a domain that single has a TV?

I be subjected to an in-class debut tomorrow and need to show some clips from Youtube. I get a laptop, but there is no WiFi. As a matter of fact, I be inclined to benefit ethical the level's TV and peradventure my iPod. I don't call for to have to download the videos, shelter them on my laptop, and tug my laptop to school. (The spectacle itself is 15 mins, doesn't enumerate an eye to much and is not worth the trouble.) What are some easier alternatives to this?Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom