Windows 7 Startup repair offline

Abida

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My computer shuts down when it approaches desktop. i started it again and run it in recommended mode to fix the problem. [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Then, it shows a grey bar that spans the screen saying "Windows is loading files..." Next a green bar that says: "Microsoft Corporation" Startup repair automatically starts. It runs for a little while and then it says:[/FONT]

"Startup Repair cannot repair cannot repair this computer automatically
Sending more information can help Microsoft create solutions.
->Send information about this problem (recommended)
->Dont Send
[V] View problem details"
The problem details are:

"Problem signature: Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 2
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: Bad driver
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033"

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards!

Hi

If you didn't get my message come back here and I'll respond on this page.

I never know if these things really go or not.
I never see anything in the sent box.

I wish I had copied the message.

Mike

Hi
I have got the message. Thank you
F2 is mentioned for setup and F12 for booting. i tried both, nothing happened. So i will look for the third suggestion of running a repair using windows 7 bootable dvd.
one thing more, can i take out hard drive, attach external USB with it and store my data somewhere and the go for repair options?
i really want to save my data.
Abida

Hi

You can take out the hard drive and use a converter to plug it into another computer and move your data.
I just did that with my computer which was hit by lightning.

This is the one that I used, it worked great.

Amazon.com: Apricorn Drivewire Universal HDD Adapter USB To 2.5IN & 3.5IN Sata & Pata: Electronics

But another option is to make a bootable Ubuntu disk.

It will let you access your computer copy all the stuff to disks or flash drives and save it.

Home | Ubuntu

The process for making the Ubuntu disk is the same as making a Windows disk, you use Imageburn to create a bootable system disk.

Mike

Thank you Mike.
Finally my computer got fixed.I first, formatted the drive that contains operating system and re installed the windows, but this did not solve the problem. Seems some other drive was seriously effected by the malware.
Then I started it in safe mode, copied my data , and then formatted all the drives.

This had fixed it.
Anyone who gonna get this problem, should have tried to repair the windows. if failed , then should try to open it in safe mode for data's sake. And then can format the drives if required.
Regards
Abida

HI

Glad to hear you got it fixed.
I know how frustrating it is to not have your computer working.

My computer got hit by lightning a month ago and it was over 3 weeks before my new one arrived.
I'm still working on setting it up.

Make sure you make a system restore disc set, or backup on an external hard drive when you get everything working.

Mike

Last edited:
How did lightning hit it? this is some rare sort of event. Hope you will get all your data back.
I am convinced to keep back up drives all the time.
Abida

Back