Windows 10 Still problem with Windows Update

Terje Meringdal

I have problem with Windows Update on my Lenovov PC after I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The annex shows the fact that Windows Update when the update is executed, locks up when it is 92% to date. Thus, the update is not completed. Why it locks I do not know, but it was such a whole night. Someone who can explain this ?

Attachments

• w update.png
    w update.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 393
Upload your Windows Update log. To create the log open a powershell prompt and type
Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $env:Userprofile\Desktop\WU.txt

Upload the WU.txt file created on your desktop.

Upload your Windows Update log. To create the log open a powershell prompt and type
Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $env:Userprofile\Desktop\WU.txt

Upload the WU.txt file created on your desktop.

Trying to find WU.txt file by searching the file explorer system, but find nothing there. I do not know how to find WU.txt file on your desk?

I found online and downloaded PowerShell, but there were multiple types, and I'm not sure which one to use. But tried two different Windows PowerShell, and copied into: Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $ env: user profile \ Desktop \ WU.txt but then came the following message, which you can see below, that "positional parameter can not be found". I do not know if I have misunderstood, but do not come anymore. Do you have tips. Copy :

PS C:\Users\merte_000> Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $ env: userprofile \ Desktop \ WU.txt
Get-WindowsUpdateLog : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '\'.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $ env: userprofile \ Desktop \ WU.txt
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: :)) [Get-WindowsUpdateLog], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Get-WindowsUpdateLog

There shouldn't be any spaces in the -LogPath. Just copy and paste the command in bold from reply 2

I do not know what you mean by: There should not be any spaces in the -LogPath. Just copy and paste the command in bold from reply 2. I open PowerShell and copying in: Get-WindowsUpdateLog -LogPath $ env: user profile \ Desktop \ WU.txt without any spaces, but the same message comes up. Nor, I realize why I should do this?

I've been on another forum here in Norway, but they have not concretely answer to the problem. I then made me different things and attach 2 screenshot of what I have come forward. But if I can do something with it or not, I do not know ?

Attachments

• WU.txt
    3.7 MB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_1åokjåo.png
    Screenshot_1åokjåo.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 344
Back