Windows 7 Strange BSOD Issues Win7 Ultimate

natsuye

I am completely baffled with my computer at this moment and I have tried almost everything.

About 3 weeks ago I have decided to update from a "bogged" but stable Windows XP, to Windows 7 thinking that it would run much smoother.

My boyfriend is a tech, so I let him do all the drivers, installation, everything.
This install was completely unstable, giving me completely random BSOD's with different reasons every time.
From there I have run a full round of memtest on every stick of ram, Cycled my ram. Checked voltages of my ram. Checked my HDD. Updated Drivers. Even gone as far as putting 2 fans on my computer case (even though it seems like nothing was overheating). But to no avail it did not fix the BSOD's.

Since then I have completely reinstalled Windows7, and did only the drivers. Went without an external antivirus (using MSE). Left pretty much everything off except the "essentials" and let it run for about 3-4 days. No BSOD's.

Since that point I have installed things slowly, waiting a day or two before I would install the next. At this point I only installed firefox and it's been 3 days.

Today I have been transferring files to my home server, which I have had no issues with. However today I now have gotten 2 BSOD's with the same issue "Memory_management". However I was also web browsing while transferring so I am unsure if that is even related. Researching this has pointed yet again to the Ram, and yet again have all tests cleared. Also put my computer through a stress test via Prime95, and had no issues.

So now I am at a point of opening the .dmp files. I have found the error, but from then on I'm at a lost for what to do at this point and I suppose how to correctly read the .dmp files.

I've completely run out of all idea's at this point. It has completely baffled my techie boyfriend, and all web results of things to try have lead me to a dead end.

Here is a link to my .dmp files.
Minidump - Windows Live

minidump.zip is the previous installation, and the numbered .zip is the current installation.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Reading a bit more into the problem, I see some issues via webbrowsing with ASACPI.sys and having to have an updated driver. However, going to ASUS' website, they only have up to Vista. Attempting to run the Vista gives me the error it's not for this operating system. I am curious if this is possibly the cause at this point or if it's something else. My date for my file is 2004.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's Firefox that's triggering the BSOD but before you try to resolve this, you have drivers that are in bad need for updates:

1. Update or get rid of Macrovision Security Driver- SafeDisc CD.

2. Update you Nvidia drivers: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

3. Your ASUS drivers need updating ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

4. Wait for TorrentG to reply. He's a wizz at BSOD (he will reply soon enough... :) )

I have no idea what "Macrovision Security Driver- SafeDisc CD" is to be honest. What is this driver and what is it for? Above I stated that all my drivers are done and are up to date. This is a "fresh" install. My Motherboard is at least 3 years old, and they do not have any updates whatsoever for windows7 (even though ASUS swears it's Win7 compatible, I'm not seeing it). I have recently updated ASACPI.sys to a 2009 version (not easy to find, but I did it) thinking that may of been the issue, however today while just watching a video online I get another memory_management error. Should I attempt to install the vista drivers for my Motherboard? I read somewhere that some vista stuff works with 7 but I'm unsure.

Uninstall Daemon Tools in the normal method. Then use the installer/uninstaller found at the following link to remove sptd.sys, which is very important:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot.

I recommend PowerIso for drive emulation since it will never crash Windows 7. Emulation part of the program is free forever:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

Should be fine after doing this. Please post a new crash dump after, if needed.

My BF has been using Daemon tools for months on his windows 7 machine and he hasn't had an issue at all.

I've updated my nVIDIA drivers and I haven't had an issue today. I'm going to duplicate transferring to my home server as well as webbrowse and see if I get the error again. Hopefully it's done once and for all!

Video drivers do not cause memory management and corruption errors like you have. It's always good to run the latest drivers of anything, but unfortunately, your problem is not gone.

Before posting any new crash dumps, please follow the advice so there is no wasteful analysis. Thanks and good luck.

Stack text of the crash:

"STACK_TEXT:
a077b96c 82ad5a30 0000001a 00005003 81e30000 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
a077b9a4 82acacbf c07e4e68 84278e10 00000000 nt!MiAllocateWsle+0x6f
a077b9f8 82acc999 00000001 fc9cd000 00000111 nt!MiResolveDemandZeroFault+0x4eb
a077ba78 82ac2d76 fc9cd000 00000000 8aad7d70 nt!MiDispatchFault+0x659
a077bb04 82a82638 00000001 fc9cd000 00000000 nt!MmAccessFault+0x157c
a077bb04 82a7ae85 00000001 fc9cd000 00000000 nt!KiTrap0E+0xdc
a077bbec 82a0aba9 00000000 869ea6d8 00000000 nt!memset+0x45
a077bc04 003f494c 00000000 00000001 00000000 hal!KfLowerIrql+0x61"

Notice the line in red. It involves hal, which means hardware. Sptd.sys is "hardware" as seen by Windows. My analysis was not a guess.

Last edited:
I haven't seem to had any crashes now in about 5 days, even after stress testing it more. I haven't done anything else except install nVIDIA drivers and the .sys file. Seems to be completely stable now.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully the problem is fixed until I buy a new computer!

Back
Top Bottom