Windows 7 Strange error messages, please help.

ChadR124

Hello, first post here.

I've had this PC for quite awhile with NO problems but today, more specifically tonight, something weird started happening with it. I went to play The Sims 3 and I got the message "The Sims 3 laucher has stopped working, search for a soultion" but nothing ever happens.

Thinking it was a glitch, I restarted my comp, and on login got the message "GFxUI has stopped working." Then, "HP advisor has stopped working". I said oh great and my first though was virus. I ran a full system scan with Norton, over 500,000 files and nothing was found. No viruses, malware, spyware, etc. I also ran "Malwarebytes anti-malware" 6 infected files were found, and removed. Restared computer and problem persists.

So I tried to open the Hardware Diagnostics Tool, same message. "Hardware Diagnostics has stopped working"..I think you get the point.

When I try to open Realplayer I get the message "Realplayer was unable to load a required component. If this error persists after rebooting your computer, please try reinstalling the application." Details: Could not creat actor - guid not found Link Removed - Invalid URL

I tried a system restore to yesterday, which completed successfully but the problem persists. I'm at a bit of a loss here, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading!

I have tried to view the "Event Viewer" recommended in the sticky, and this is the error picture I get:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I ran a performance monitor and the results are as follows:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

(click to enlarge)

If you have any idea I'd really appreciate some help. I'm not TOTALLY computer challenged and if you can give me instructions I can run certain things.

- Chad

Back