Windows 7 Streamed video quality is awful!

direstrates

I recently upgraded to W7 Home Premium from Vista Home Premium. The problem is that video streamed to my extender looks like it is being transcoded....it is pixelated and has the look of very low bit rate video. It is happening in both Media Browser and My Movies.

I have read that in W7 fast transcoding was implemented, is this true? If so, how can it be modified or even better yet turned off?

I tried to get Transcode360 working but can not. I can sometimes get My Movies to play a video but there is no audio.

Installing Shark007 codec pack only makes things worse.

Please help!

direstrates

I do not have an answer to your questions, but if you want to check the codecs, use Media Player, Help, About, then Technical Support link at the bottom.

I do not have an answer to your questions, but if you want to check the codecs, use Media Player, Help, About, then Technical Support link at the bottom.

I did forget to mention that the videos play perfectly when played on the desktop by WMP11 and WMC. I will check the codecs as you suggest. What can you tell me about how and when WMC transcodes? Is there a way to adjust it or turn it off?

Back