Windows 7 Student upgrade from vista 32 to win7 pro 64

guisampaio10

I bought the windows 7 upgrade from digital river and i chose to go with the win7 professional 64 bit
my computer currently runs on windows vista 32 bit..
i purchased the software and downloaded it to my computer and everything. when i tried to run it and unload the box it gives me a message saying, " We were unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. please check the the folder properties to make sure that you have security permissions on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only"..

please help i don't know why it is doing this since i have already checked the properties and everything is set to allow,

maybe i missed something?.. help thanks!

I bought the windows 7 upgrade from digital river and i chose to go with the win7 professional 64 bit
my computer currently runs on windows vista 32 bit..
i purchased the software and downloaded it to my computer and everything. when i tried to run it and unload the box it gives me a message saying, " We were unable to create or save new files in the folder in which this application was downloaded. please check the the folder properties to make sure that you have security permissions on the folder to write files and that the folder is not read-only"..

please help i don't know why it is doing this since i have already checked the properties and everything is set to allow,

maybe i missed something?.. help thanks!

Look at my blogs... the links direct to Microsoft for the full version iso is there. since you have an upgrade key you'll have to delete ei.cfg before you burn the disk so you can install it with the upgrade key... IF you want to do a clean install. If you want to take your chances upgrading you only need to burn the iso to a disk and boot to your dvd.

thanks,
problem is how do put it on a disk, i have the download only and it wont let me do anything with it everytime i tried to open it it gives me that message like i told you guys earlier.

thanks for any future help.

thanks,
problem is how do put it on a disk, i have the download only and it wont let me do anything with it everytime i tried to open it it gives me that message like i told you guys earlier.

thanks for any future help.

What is "it" ???

You downloaded the ISO from Microsoft?

Do you know how to burn files and images to your dvd?

No I don't.

I downloaded the ISO from microsoft and then after it was it done i tried to open it and it wouldnt let me, like the message above.

If you could help me on how to burn it to a dvd i would appreciate it.

So once on a DVD, i put the dvd in and follow a system reboot from the disc?

No I don't.

I downloaded the ISO from microsoft and then after it was it done i tried to open it and it wouldnt let me, like the message above.

If you could help me on how to burn it to a dvd i would appreciate it.

So once on a DVD, i put the dvd in and follow a system reboot from the disc?

First, First, before you do ANYTHING whatsoever.. you have to back up your important files to another place... this is why everyone here with any experience, urges everyone to buy a second hard drive and just install windows 7 to it.. Then you can slowly add your old files and programs from your original drive. Otherwise you will probably lose you programs, your photos your music and maybe a little of your dignity. (ok that was meant to be amusing)

SInce you only have an upgrade key. It won't work with the full version UNLESS you do one of two things... you either have to first delete a file called ei.cfg from your ISO image you downloaded BEFORE YOU BURN IT... or there is a registry tweak that is a bit more complicated.. that you can do after you have windows all setup.

To delete ei.cfg you need software like ultraiso ... google for it.

After you install ultraiso you can click on your iso file you downloaded from Microsoft.. .then Ultra iso will load it... find ei.cfg ... i think it's in the \sources folder... and delete it.

Then just use ultraiso to burn the image to a blank dvd disk. If you don't have a dvd burner you'll have to get one or get a 4gb usb pendrive and learn how to use it instead.

Assuming you get the iso burned to a disk you now have to reboot and presss F2 or Escape or some key to enter your Bios menu. Once in your bios menu you have to set your boot sequence to FIRST use your dvd drive.

When you save your changes in your bios and usually press F10 to save and reboot.... your dvd should start the Windows 7 install disk. You then have two choices... 1.. try to update... which seldom works very well. 2 do a clean install from the CUSTOM install option.

The CLEAN install will wipe everything off your hard drive.. then it will install windows 7.

When you do either the upgrade or custom install it will ask you which version you want to install... you MUST select the version that matches your key. Probably preminum. Keys are specific for the version that you bought the key to install.

We'll see you on the other side. good luck.

is there another way to delete the ei.cfg file because ultraiso will not let me burn a dvd that is more the 300mb with the trial version?.. I deleted it using it ultraiso but it wont even let me save so i can use another program to burn the iso. so back to square 1. Any ideas on how to burn the iso? should i burn it with the ei.cfg? please help

Alright here is the problem now guys, I downloaded the iso deleted whathad to be deleted burned the cd with the iso, rebooted my computer with the cd to install windoisws but once it gets to the collecting information screen on the setup it doesn't let me save windows to any of my dirk partitions. where do i go from here?..i tried to click format but then all the listed disk partition were gone. It says no drivers were found. " no drivers were found. Click load driver to provide mass storage driver for installation.

Back