Windows 7 Suddenly cannot reach gateway.

rizzon

Hi

When I turned off my computer last time everything was working fine and I had made no changes. Then a few ours later I tunred it back on and it couldn't access the router(I use wired).

Tried just rebooting, didnt help. Tried diagnosing, says it can't find gateway. Tried connecting a laptop to the LAN-wire and it can connect so it's something with my computer. Have 2 cards (both on motherboard) and tried switching to the other one but that didn't help.

What should I do?

Solution
It seems like you're facing an issue with your computer not being able to access the router through a wired connection. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Network Cables:
    • Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your computer to the router is properly plugged in on both ends.
    • Try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.
    []Restart Router:
    • Restart your router by unplugging it from power, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
    [
    ]Check Network Adapter Settings:
    • Ensure that your network adapter settings...
It seems like you're facing an issue with your computer not being able to access the router through a wired connection. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Network Cables:
    • Make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting your computer to the router is properly plugged in on both ends.
    • Try using a different Ethernet cable to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable.
    []Restart Router:
    • Restart your router by unplugging it from power, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
    [
    ]Check Network Adapter Settings:
    • Ensure that your network adapter settings are configured correctly. You can check this by going to the Network and Sharing Center in your Control Panel.
    • Check if the network adapter is set to obtain IP address automatically.
    []Update Network Adapter Driver:
    • Ensure that your network adapter drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupt network drivers can cause connectivity issues.
    • You can update the drivers by going to the Device Manager, finding your network adapter, and selecting "Update driver."
    [
    ]Reset TCP/IP Stack:
    • Sometimes resetting the TCP/IP stack can resolve network connectivity issues. You can do this by opening Command Prompt as an administrator and running the following commands:
      Code:
       netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset
    []Check Firewall Settings:
    • Your firewall settings could be blocking network access. Temporarily disable the firewall to see if it solves the issue.
    [
    ]Run Network Troubleshooter:
    • Use Windows' built-in Network Troubleshooter to diagnose and repair network problems. Right-click on the network icon in the taskbar and select "Troubleshoot problems."
    []Check IP Configuration:
    • Run the "ipconfig" command in Command Prompt to check your IP configuration. Look for the Default Gateway address and ensure it matches your router's IP.
    [
    ]Check for Malware:
    • Perform a scan for malware or viruses on your computer. Malware can sometimes disrupt network connections.
  2. Check Router Settings:
    • Log into your router's admin panel to ensure there are no specific settings blocking your computer from connecting. By following these steps, you should be able to pinpoint and resolve the issue of your computer not being able to access the router through a wired connection. If the problem persists, further investigation may be required.

Solution
Back