Windows 7 Suddenly My Windows 7 Is Designated as Not Genuine

Route 44

I have a Lenovo T430 laptop that came with MS 7 64. The only thing I changed out was the hard drive to an SSD and the single channel 4 gig RAM to 8 gig dual channel. Both were done over a year ago and I had no issues with these upgrades at all.

Now I don't use my laptop for anything else than business and only that while I am on the road. To be honest I hadn't touched it since late April 27 when the last MS updating occurred (many times it has sat shutdown for long periods without any problems). Tonight I decided to boot it up to upgrade said system. As soon as the desktop screen loads I get the message that my OS is not genuine.

When I check my System Status under the Control panel the Windows Activation section shows no activation nor any Product ID. It's blank which was never the case prior to now.

I ran Avast and Malwarebytes and there were no infections. I have not added anything to the system, i.e. software of any sort, apps, etc.

Was there an update in late April that caused any issues such as this? I am stumped so any advice will be welcomed.Thank you.

If reactivate fails to work; try rolling back your laptop to a point in time before the April update that caused the problem using built-in SYSTEM RESTORE in Win7.

if that fails also, you may have either Windows corruption which involves software repairs, or a hardware failure such as a bad RAM memory stick or hard drive.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You can also right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties" scroll all the way down and click "activate now" and if you have to where you see change Product code or COA, put in the product code again and see if it will activate then. You can also choose to call in to activate and I would bet it works that way.

Back
Top Bottom