Windows 7 Windows 7 is not Genuine

JT Frost

I purchased a custom built desktop on ebay that included Windows 7. The package did not include the the Windows 7 software disc as it was already installed. I upgraded to Windows 10 and then decided to go back to Windows 7.

After I went back to 7, my pc indicates that Windows 7 is not genuine. I tried to enter the product key but it is invalid.

My question is this, Can I restore my hard drive to the original Windows 7 that was initially installed and will I need a product key or username?

Thank you for the help in advance.

I removed the poll as it didn't seem necessary.

As Neemobeer say's you will need a new Windows 7 licence. Microsoft recently stopped selling OEM licences but you should still find plenty of vendor's with a copy.

If you've completed the W10 Upgrade, Microsoft has a feature in it which lets you rollback to W7 for free, as long as you didn't erase the ~Windows.old or other 3 ~Windows backup directories within 30 days of doing the Upgrade to W10. :up:

If you are outside the 30 day timeframe or deleted any or all 3 of the Windows backup directories needed for the rollback, then you are out of luck :waah:, unless you purchase W7 factory media as kemical mentioned or buy MS retail legit media on ebay or amazon.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Log on to BeLarc Advisor. It's a web site that lets you install the whole personal contents of your computer. Print it out and on the third page under 'Software Licenses", there you will see the Microsoft Explorer License (Key No. ...................................and Microsoft Windows 7 Home or Pro License (Key No......................................
Match that up with the Product Key that is on the label tag on the outside of the computer. The Product Key that BeLarc Advisor shows it the one you need.

Back