Windows 10 Surface Blue Screen Error : 0xc000000d

andantesash

My surface is showing the error code "0xc000000d" whenever it boots up and I can't get it to boot to my usb windows 10 boot installation - i've tried the hold down the volume down button and press power button and release when surface logo disappears. I can get to the UEFI panel but there is no option to boot to USB, just (network > usb > ssd or ssd) are they only options I get. I can't get passed this blue screen and can't see any way of fixing it.

Any suggestions?

My surface is showing the error code "0xc000000d" whenever it boots up and I can't get it to boot to my usb windows 10 boot installation - i've tried the hold down the volume down button and press power button and release when surface logo disappears. I can get to the UEFI panel but there is no option to boot to USB, just (network > usb > ssd or ssd) are they only options I get. I can't get passed this blue screen and can't see any way of fixing it.

Any suggestions?
Hi,
this guide is specifically for the Surface error code you posted and may be of some help.:
How To Fix Surface Boot Configuration Data File Missing Error 0xc000000d | Next of Windows

If you get back into Windows and the blue screen still occurs please read the thread found here and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

How do I do this? I looked online and it suggests going to settings etc etc but I cant get in to the machine besides the blue screen error and the UEFI settings I mentioned above

Hi,
this guide is specifically for the Surface error code you posted and may be of some help.:
How To Fix Surface Boot Configuration Data File Missing Error 0xc000000d | Next of Windows

If you get back into Windows and the blue screen still occurs please read the thread found here and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Thanks for the reply, see my post above. I have tried all of those, that was the website I was on actually. I don't have the option to boot from USB, it only gives me two choices - network > usb > ssd OR ssd. I can't create a recovery disk as I can't get to that screen. I have tried holding volume down and pressing power and then releasing volume down button but nothing happens except the blue screen.

I also tried pressing the windows button but nothing happens except it vibrates and thats it, i've also tried to the windows icon on keyboard and nothing happens either.

I don't have the option to boot from USB, it only gives me two choices - network > usb

You say it doesn't give you the choice but then you list USB as one of the choices? See above

Also have you tried what it said in the guide? Once in the UEFI bios:
  1. For Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3, select Configure Alternative System Boot Order, and select USB > SSD.
  2. Disable the Secure Boot Control.
  3. Exit

You say it doesn't give you the choice but then you list USB as one of the choices? See above

Also have you tried what it said in the guide? Once in the UEFI bios:
  1. For Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3, select Configure Alternative System Boot Order, and select USB > SSD.
  2. Disable the Secure Boot Control.
  3. Exit

Once I get in to UEFI, I get the two options;
1. network > usb > ssd (set by default)
2. ssd

Neither option allows me to boot to USB (using the volume down and power butto)

This guide is from Microsoft and a little more involved. From what I can tell your running a surface 3 and need option 1, save config and reboot. Boot back into uefi and disable secure boot, save config and reboot:
Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

You should now see the Surface UEFI. Do one of the following:

• Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3: Go to Step 5 below.
  • Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2: Skip to Step 9 below.
Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3:

Step 5: Select Configure Alternate System Boot Order.
Step 6: Do one of the following:
  • Surface Pro 3: Select USB > SSD
  • Surface 3: Select Network > USB > SSD.
Step 7: Select Exit Setup.
Step 8: Select Yes to save the configuration and restart Surface.
Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2 (optional for Surface Pro 3)

Step 9: Select Secure Boot Control.
Step 10: Select Disable. This will allow Surface to search for an alternate device to boot from aside from your SSD.

Note
This may affect the look of your Surface splash screen.

Step 11: Select Exit Setup.
Step 12: Select Yes to save the configuration and restart Surface.
Start Surface from a USB drive
Once you’ve followed the steps above to set up a USB drive as a bootable drive and configure the UEFI appropriately, you’re ready to start your Surface from your USB drive.

I've also been on the page you mentioned and the only thing that is different is a red splash screen for the surface logo. It doesn't allow the USB drive to boot either. I tried booting from USB on another laptop to make sure it wasnt the USB drive and it booted up fine.

the only thing that is different is a red splash screen for the surface logo.
Well not exactly. The original guide didn't tell you to save the config and reboot after every settings change whereas Microsofts guide does.

Other than that have you tried the other ports if you have them?

How old is the actual machine?

Hi here's my 2 cents. Not worth much! Might try creating the USB again even though it seems OK.
Just a thought! give this a look!
Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a Hard Reboot
notesmall1.png
Note
This option can be handy if you are unable to boot into Windows.

1. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off.

2. Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see Please wait during boot like below. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times. (see screenshot below)

He can only get into the bios or a blue screen Gary plus it's a Surface which are different to pc's.

Back
Top Bottom