Windows 8 Svchost.exe is making files!

Anand1222

I don't really know how to describe it but svchost is making hundreds of 100mb files with weird names (see screenshot) Until there's no space left in my hard disk! I formatted disk f to see what happens and I saw 50+MBPS write speed on front of svchost.exe(IN TASK MANAGER) and within hour disk f was full of 100mb files with weird names again. I can't figure out what is going on! I delete those 100mb files and they come back at rapid speed and when they are coming back svchost is writing at lighting speed so I'm sure the culprit is svc but it's a system file I can't stop or uninstall it! There's not even a single byte space left in my PC! What can I do?
Note: sorry for bad English

Attachments

• IMG_20170716_170633.jpg
    IMG_20170716_170633.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 305
Last edited:
your system needs malware scan and clean up... in fact I would reinstall Windows on a fresh hdd

ummm … not so fast, anand1222 … hold on a sec. there's been a bug, affecting some of the win-os, which generates multiple *.log files of precisely 100mb apiece … until hard-drive is full. this bug is part of microsoft's "trusted installer" protocol.

so, it may not be necessary to wipe the hard-drive … since there seems to be a procedure to repair the issue. go ahead and read the following article, anand1222 … making sure you follow the seven steps exactly as outlined:

and, anand … thanks for thinking ahead and taking a screen-cap with your cell-phone.

Last edited:
thanks for that, ussnorway … hopefully we got to anand1222 in time. in the end, he may still decide to reformat. but, his thread may help someone coming off the street … and that's always a good thing.

Fascinating, Post, Jack!! ;) I had never heard of this one before. I do know that when users enable hard drive compression and/or encryption, this sort of thing has been known to happen on both W7 machines as well as Windows Servers too (2003/2008 R2).

Hopefully, the OP gets it fixed by your Post, and doesn't have to format his drive and reinstall his W7 (or buy a new drive).

<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Restart into safe mode. Check services for unordinary running. Clear temp folders and check appdata folder. Delete all crap files. Run malware scan. Do you see anything named wannacry it wanna.. named? There's been a new popular malware named wannacry that creates alot of files and such.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Windows Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom