Windows 7 Swapping main hardisk? help!!

ShinaKjaer

I have formatted my Acer Aspire 5552 and Installed Windows 7. Previously, my ''main drive'' was my Local Disk (D: ) (450GB) and now it is Local disk (C: ) (20 GB) So there is no room for my programs, etc.. so how I swap them around?

Have tried to save the programs on Local Disk (D: ) , but then they do not work.

i really need some help here!

What was the C: partition before, a OEM recovery partition?

Depending on what was what, one option might be to delete the other partition on the drive and extend the C: partition. A snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window, attached using the paperclip on advanced replies, might help us see your situation better.

If you have overwritten a recovery partition and no longer want it, you could clean the entire drive and reinstall.

Solution 1: Right click computer->manage->disk management and check the state of the partitions. If there is unallocated space behind the partition you want to extend then you can do it. Otherwise you have to back up the data behind the partition you want to extend and delete it. Then you can extend the partition and restore the data.
Solution 2: Another choice to avoid reinstallation is third partition software like Partition Assistant Home Edition (free). This one is my suggestion which is safe and simple.

Back