Windows 7 Switching between graphics drivers

nedicuss

Hello everyone :)

I want to play an old game that requires an old nVidia forceware driver. The problem is that this driver causes problems in newer games!

Is it possible to setup something like hardware profiles where I can choose between the older driver and the newer one I used before I installed it? Is it possible to have one user account use the old driver and another account use the new one?

If it's an old game that inn't video instesive it might work on a virtual PC with an old driver. Did you try running the game in compatibility mode?
Joe

Hello everyone :)

I want to play an old game that requires an old nVidia forceware driver. The problem is that this driver causes problems in newer games!

Is it possible to setup something like hardware profiles where I can choose between the older driver and the newer one I used before I installed it? Is it possible to have one user account use the old driver and another account use the new one?

Have you tried running the game without Windows Aero enabled or perhaps through XP Mode?

Thanks for all the replies!

I have tried compatibility mode but the issue is down to nVidia - the game is Gothic 2 and the last driver to support it was forceware 100.65. It doesn't run properly in vmware workstation - mouse and poor fps issues.

Back