Windows 7 Sysadmin denied ability to access functions.

Intrepid5295

I have checked my user ID and it shows I have all permissions available to me as the administrator.
When I r-click on desktop, and select Gadgets, I get a message only admin can access Gadgets.
I have other issues, but I'd like to deal with them one at a time.

I have checked my user ID and it shows I have all permissions available to me as the administrator.
When I r-click on desktop, and select Gadgets, I get a message only admin can access Gadgets.
I have other issues, but I'd like to deal with them one at a time.

Having the same problem. I found it when trying to help my mother with her PC. Some shorcuts on her desktop turned into file folders which listed the contents with the exec files, but the exec files didn't work. I made myself an admin with full permissions, but when I tried to change the file attributes, I got that admin problem message. I tried everything I could find and ended up wanting to throw her computer across the room.

I don't know if the admin problem is related, but I read elsewhere that the hidden/moved files issue is caused by a virus.

P.S. A few years ago I switched from a PC to a Mac & couldn't be happier.

try

start

type cmd

click cmd.exe

in the black box that pops up type

net user administrator /active:yes

hit enter

log off, you shouuld see another account Administrator, go to start, control panel, user accounts and family safety, user accounts, manage another account, ensure you have the account type set to administrator not standard

Is going through the command prompt a "back door" or more certain method of setting accounts/permissions? I did go through control panel/user accounts/manage another account to add myself as a user.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

no, no backdoor is involved the command is a quicker way to show the hidden administrator account , this has full access to everythinf and able to change things on your main account that you use,

you will need to run command promt as admin too ( right click , run as admin )

Back