Windows 7 System + Gaming lag?

Taylor

Ever since I bought Win7 I've played games on it. The operating system is a great platform, but recently I've had lots of issues with it. Okay, earlier I was starting up my machine and like when the four colors come up and the loading bar comes up with the "Windows 7" thing, it would not go to the login screen. It wouldn't for about a half hour, but I finally got in.

Second Issue: When I moved my mouse to click on my internet explorer my mouse lagged in one spot for a second and then jumped to a random place. I tested this by moving my mouse pointer in a circle. Also when I tried to open up internet explorer after I restarted my computer, it took about 15 minutes to load my homepage.

Third Issue: When I open up my World of Warcraft.exe (yeah I play wow :cool:) Normally I just log in, but I noticed that the dragon that flies around the login screen was lagging in it's graphic movement. It would move, stop and move again. I also noticed that the sound was..er 'laggy' in a way to.

If anyone could help me fix this I'd really appreciate it, I'm not really sure what to do :(

Hi.

Type msinfo32 in the start menu then hit enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file and attach it to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply. We can probably figure why these things are happening this way.

Way too many unnecessary and potentially harmful things starting with Windows. Let's get rid of them.

Type regedit in the start menu then hit enter. On the screen that opens, navigate to

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and delete:

SunJavaUpdateSched
Adobe ARM
Adobe Speed Reader
QuickTime Task
YSearchProtection
VX1000

Then navigate to HKU\S-1-5-21-311072314-1096063563-4153357293-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

to delete:

SWG

---------------

Type services.msc in the start menu then hit enter. On the screen that opens, disable the following services:

Google Update Service
Yahoo! Updater

------------

Your HD Audio driver needs an update because it is only from 7/19/2009 currently. Here is an update link:

Realtek

--------

Your NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller driver/chipset drivers need an update since they are from 6/10/2009, pre-RTM.

NVIDIA Nforce 15.53 WHQL Windows 7 32-bit download from Guru3D.com

Reboot when done with everything.

Last edited:
:mad: omg... T_T doing it again but this time, earlier I got a B.S.O.D :S EDIT: I looked at some of the places you told me to delete things at, and VX1000 or somethign is still there...

Last edited:
That's actually good, because now you can post the crash dump which will probably be very helpful. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder. Then zip the files. Attach the zip to a post.

Skype was mentioned in the crash dump. That doesn't mean it was the actual cause though. It would be good to update to the latest version of it if not already.

I don't really see much else wrong with drivers to be honest. They all seem good based on dates and nothing really stands out.

You could look into updating the motherboard bios. Running the latest is always good practice anyhow.

I just installed skype so I would assume that it would be the latest up to date version. But I don't really see why it's all f'd up again >.< sorry for the language. I'm just so frusturated and bout ready to break it :S What should I do about the motherboard anyway?

Back