Windows 7 Takes too long to connect with LAN

dan8669

Hi,

I have a situation where my laptop takes too long to connect with a LAN different that home-LAN, this condition is happening either I use wireless or wire connection. It is rare that this condition exists only in any other LAN different than home, in other words when I'm connecting to my home-LAN I don't have this problem, as soon as I power on my laptop i get connection without problems, but have problems in any different LAN.

I have tried changing the DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle=1 for the [GUID] associated with my wire and wireless hw, but I'm still having the same issue, Any advice?

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing connectivity issues when connecting to LAN networks other than your home network on your laptop. This issue could be related to various factors, including network settings, drivers, or configuration conflicts. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve this issue: 1. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that your network drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupt network drivers can cause connectivity problems. You can usually find the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website. 2. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - You can reset the TCP/IP stack on your Windows system to clear any network-related issues. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
It seems like you're experiencing connectivity issues when connecting to LAN networks other than your home network on your laptop. This issue could be related to various factors, including network settings, drivers, or configuration conflicts. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to try and resolve this issue: 1. Update Network Drivers: - Ensure that your network drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupt network drivers can cause connectivity problems. You can usually find the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website. 2. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - You can reset the TCP/IP stack on your Windows system to clear any network-related issues. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
Code:
 netsh int ip reset netsh Winsock reset
3. Check Network Settings: - Verify that your network settings are configured correctly for each network you connect to. Make sure the IP settings (DHCP or static), DNS configuration, and gateway settings are appropriate for the network. 4. Disable IPv6: - Sometimes disabling IPv6 can resolve network connectivity problems. You can do this through the Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel. 5. Remove and Re-add the Network Profile: - For the problematic networks, try removing the network profile from your laptop and then reconnecting to create a fresh connection. 6. Check Firewall and Security Software: - Ensure that your firewall or security software is not blocking the connection to other LANs. Temporarily disable the software to see if it resolves the issue. 7. Check for Network Profile Corruption: - Sometimes network profiles can get corrupted. You can try deleting all saved network profiles and then reconnect to the networks. If after trying these steps you are still facing issues, it might be beneficial to consult your IT department or a professional to diagnose the problem further. Remember to back up important data before making any significant changes to your system.

Solution
Back