Windows 7 Taskbar: How to remove glaze form in-active items?

iMissWinXP

Extraordinary Member
In windows 7 there is a glaze on the active window, but in a cruel joke by MS, every other window also has a glaze (just a bit less).

Note: My taskbar is using the old style from Win XP.

How do I fix this? Ive tried playing with the themes, and at best I can make the active window look more obvious, but never that apparent... The other solution is to use "classic theme" but I lose Areo.

So other then switching to a real OS like linux or Win XP, is there any way to fix this?

Note: My taskbar is using the old style from Win XP.
If you installed something to allow using the XP taskbar look alike, that might be the problem.

Do you remember if it was occurring prior to the change?

If you think you need to, you can use the snipping tool to take a picture of the problem then attach using the paperclip.

its a bug in win7, its not a virus.

The problem is the task bar is transparent...

100% best setup: Set "Color Intensity" in "Window Color and Appearance" at the lowest level, and have black background. Worse setup: Same setup but with a white background (like dragging a folder over). At its worse setup, its almost impossible to see what window is active, even on my high quality IPS panel....

Here is a screen shot of both those scenario. In both of them the middle item is "active". Even in this 100% best case scenario, I still want the middle one to stand out more.

bestcaseandworse.jpg
note: Its not letting me make the thumbnail any bigger.

One poster had a problem with his Taskbar and was running Auslogics which seemed to be related.

It seems I remember something about windows being frosted if they are busy or have become unaccessible for some reason.

There is an Aero troubleshooter in Control Panel-Troubleshooters. It will check your video drivers and make sure you have a current Windows Experience Index.

its not a third party issue. This is an windows issue that has been there on every win7 I have ever used...

I personally never found this to be an issue; but different strokes for different folks. Regarding going back to XP (a la your User Name), you might keep in mind that's a HUGE security risk if you do any kind of financial transactions on the Internet (Just like W95/W98/Win2k), as hackers have had 2 years since Microsoft's end of life support on the products to write all kinds of spyware viruses and malware to perpetrate identity theft on those obsolete computers. According to the US-CERT site US-CERT | United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team
there are now many more occurrences of hackers stealing money and penetrating bank accounts and credit card accounts on those old XP machines than ever before. Food for thought before taking a giant step backwards into a more and more unsecure computing environment.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom