Windows 7 Taskbar Oddity- It's Gone

Spartan117458

I recently installed the "System 47" Star Trek screensaver. However, after it has run its course and the monitor shuts off, when I go back to get back on, everything on the taskbar except the Windows button has disappeared. Doesn't appear as though there's any obvious way to get it to re-appear, either. Has anyone had this same problem?

As far as I know, nothing like this has been posted.

Have you tried right-clicking on the desktop and choose Refresh or simply hit the F5 key.

I'm experiencing the same issues

I also installed a screensaver (FLIQLO - it's a old-school-style flip clock), and whenever the computer comes out of the screensaver, there is no taskbar. It doesn't happen using the preview function (from screen saver controls). Refreshing the desktop does not work.

The only thing I've been able to do is use task manager to restart explorer.exe. What do people think is going on?

Gankiy,

Hello and welcome,

I always unpack every download I install to see what files are going to be installed with it.

This screen saver is actually a flash projector file and might install an older version of Flash. the version included in this program is 7.0

the latest Flash is 11.0

It's an older 16-bit application, I personally wouldn't use it. especially if that's thee only problem with Windows 7.

Hey Reghakr

Thanks for the help - that was the fastest response I've gotten on any forum! I'm going to reinstall flash and see if that helps. I know it's an older program, but I absolutely love the way it looks.

Also, if I turn on "on resume, display logo screen" - the problem goes away. I think if the flash reinstall does not work, I'll just stick with that.

Back