Windows 7 tcpip.sys related BSOD when uploading the file please HELP!!!

Olegred

I have been to like 5 forums, nobody can help me. Please, look at my dumps! What is causing this? This is a 32 bit OEM windows, freshly installed, all drivers are up to date.

Attachments

• Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 (1).zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 411
Hi Olegred and Welcome to The Forum.

A lot of your earlier crashes are blaming the wstdiwlh.sys driver. After some searching I found that this belongs to a program called SurfControl Web Filter, a program I've never seen or heard of before......

This could well be tying in with the fact that tcpip.sys is showing to be the possible cause in the later crashes because the SurfControl Web Filter program is attempting to connect to the internet. If the wstdiwlh.sys is corrupted it will send bad signals (either to tcpip.sys or through it), which confuses tcpip.sys. This confusion is what causes tcpip.sys to crash.

Are you aware of the SurfControl program? Could you uninstall it to test if your system becomes stable?

Also:
McAfee is known to be a cause of BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall McAfee using the McAfee Removal Tool . Download Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled! Once your BSOD issues are resolved, feel free to try the latest version of McAfee.

Drivers that pre-date Windows 7. Update:

CVirtA.sys Thu Jan 18 20:28:01 2007
dne2000.sys Tue Nov 11 00:59:21 2008 Cisco Systems VPN Client

Have/Are you using any Norton products?

Last edited:
This driver is part of preinstalled Websense package. I hate company computers! I can't uninstall or disable this, but seems I found the way to bypass it, let's see if it works. Aslo, I can't uninstall mcafee agent it is in managed mode and is asking me for a password. I disabled that driver but it didn't work. Here is my latest dump. This is driving me crazy. Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• 010412-15428-01.dmp
    179.3 KB · Views: 405
Can you disable/uninstall the ZoneAlarm firewall and use the Windows firewall instead? See if that is clashing with McAfee/WebSense.

Although, to be honest, the company must have put these programs on for a reason. If they keep crashing your PC then the company should be told their choice of software is [strike]shite[/strike] causing issues, and get it sorted.

Talking to my company support is like a torture, it takes forever. I was hoping to find a quick fix. Can you tell me what caused the crash in the last dump? Is it the same driver?

Yes, tcpip.sys is getting the blame again.

Can you run an sfc /scannow ? There could be a remote possibility that some system file(s) have gotten corrupted.

Running it right now. What annoys me that it is not random or intermittent. Every time I try to upload 1 file it gives me BSOD all the other files in the SAME program work ok. Jeez, I guess I will just have to find a way around it.

Here is the log, it said it could not repair some files. I am not sure how to find if it changed tcpip

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    545.1 KB · Views: 325
it is a program called Xactimate. it is estimating software for insurance industry. Some random files won't upload. I mean, some file work fine and then some reliably crash computer. I think, you are right and it has something to do with a bunch of crapware (they call it security) they put on this machine

Here is the log, it said it could not repair some files. I am not sure how to find if it changed tcpip

Shhh! Keep it quiet, neither am I!! I searched for tcpip.sys though and it couldn't be found in the log file.

it is a program called Xactimate. it is estimating software for insurance industry. Some random files won't upload. I mean, some file work fine and then some reliably crash computer. I think, you are right and it has something to do with a bunch of crapware (they call it security) they put on this machine

I'm mildly convinced it's that WebSense. a) because it was mentioned in your earlier dumps as the cause. b) Never heard of it before. :D

When Xactimate makes an "estimate" is the report saved as a file type (extension) specific to it?

Last edited:
yes, it is saved in xact format.. essencially, xactimate is a large complex sql database. I'm giving up on this, thanks for help.

Seems a shame really as I don't like being beaten. However, with your hands tied behind your back due to the Companies choices of security/settings that you are locked out from it is probably the best idea.

Look on the bright side though, you didn't have to bump your post four times in six days as you did on SF (which is still unanswered) before you got a response.

Sorry we couldn't get right to the bottom of this, :( but if the IT get it sorted would be interesting to know which was the actual problem.

Back