Windows Vista Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Inferface?

So just wondering why this just popped up in my device manager. I noticed because tune-up utilities saying its not configured right and its got a little yellow icon with ! in device manager

I believe that means "windows cannot start this device because it's configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged" Have you tried sending data to Microsoft about the device to see if there are any solutions? That can take awhile.... What are you doing when this error pops up? Are you working wireless- what?

(Teredo Tunneling has to do with IPV6 and IPV4 where Teredo provides IPV4 Nat traversal capabilities by tunneling IPV6 over the top of UDP/IPV4)

It sounds like you may be getting a Code 19 ? Can you please check for me ? I had a lot of things to do today and I could not keep it on-line. Do you run any PS2 (Utorrent) software?

Hi George! I've been checking around. The Teredo Tunneling is an interface with IPv4, and comes with Vista by default. Removing it shouldn't break anything. But then again, having it there shouldn't break anything either. (I read somewhere that people with "Utorrent" or P2P get that flag and it can be safely be ignored. but that was awhile ago and I'm not sure if I got my facts straight-- ) If you want to system restore you can try going to properties of your network connection and uncheck IPv6 and go with only IPv4. I'm not sure if that will fix the flagging but you can try.
(Teredo tunneling is a method of tunneling IPv6 over a IPv4 network). It is best to make your network 100% IPv6 or 100% IPv4. Most home users are stuck with IPv4 because their routers and switches can't handle IPv6.

Back