Freeze

Hi!

I just installed Win7 RC build 1100, and concluded that my Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI works otherwise fine with the latest driver & software pack for 64-bit Vista from the manufaturer (v5.12.1.8) released 2007 *ahem*, but trying to access it's control panel from system tray causes OS to hang instantly with no error messages. Even the mouse cursor dies almost completely.

The situation is repeatable, and verified by some other users also, so I suppose this is a manufacturer software glitch.

I've emailed [email protected] asking for support, and I'm waiting for reply....

Edit: Reply goes as follows:
in the moment we can't help you in any way with problems under WIndows 7. But I will forward this problem to the development department, and perhaps in the next driver- or software-release this problem is fixed...

Last edited:
Solution
It seems that you are facing an issue with the Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI sound card's control panel causing your Windows 7 RC build 1100 system to hang when accessed from the system tray. Since you have already reached out to Terratec for support, and they have acknowledged the issue, there are a few steps you can take while waiting for a potential fix: 1. Compatibility Mode: You can try running the control panel in compatibility mode. Right-click on the control panel shortcut, go to Properties, then Compatibility tab, and try running it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista to see if that helps. 2. Task Manager: When the system hangs, you can try opening the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) to see if the process related to...
It seems that you are facing an issue with the Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI sound card's control panel causing your Windows 7 RC build 1100 system to hang when accessed from the system tray. Since you have already reached out to Terratec for support, and they have acknowledged the issue, there are a few steps you can take while waiting for a potential fix: 1. Compatibility Mode: You can try running the control panel in compatibility mode. Right-click on the control panel shortcut, go to Properties, then Compatibility tab, and try running it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista to see if that helps. 2. Task Manager: When the system hangs, you can try opening the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) to see if the process related to the control panel shows as not responding. Ending the process may unfreeze the system temporarily. 3. Temporary Workaround: If disabling the control panel is not necessary for your daily use, consider not accessing it until a fix is provided. 4. Check for Updates: Keep an eye on Terratec's website for any driver or software updates. They may release a fix in the future that addresses this compatibility issue with Windows 7. Since Terratec has acknowledged the issue and promised to forward it to their development department, your best course of action is to wait for an official fix from them. In the meantime, you can try the above suggestions to see if they provide any temporary relief.

Solution
Back