Windows 8 Testing OneDrive Share..

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
I have been trying to use OneDrive to supply links to images in forum posts. It doesn't seem to be working out as I expect, so I am testing so I can see how this one looks.

I would like to be able to place the actual photo instead of the link, but I don't think Embed works too well on some sites.

So here goes.. Well, not working the way I would like. Maybe a photo from OneDrive cannot be done this way. I know I can just insert the photo on this site, but not all forums have that capability.

Last edited:
Your onedrive is for use by you only... most forums only link to online images that are posted with a free storage site like photobucket, I tend to put large images/ files into one of my Adobe sites then link to them when I want to post such items.

Thanks, I believe you are correct in that OneDrive is not for sharing in certain situations. It does have the ability to Embed links in things like blogs or web pages but other types of forums probably need some type of hosting application for the image to be displayed correctly. There is also probably a security concern with OneDrive where hosted sites would not expose your personal files.

I would prefer not to use some free sites because of the advertisingto which it exposes the viewer. So I might look for some paid service which does not insert the advertising. I rarely have need to insert images in sites which do not support leaving the image on that site, but an image can certainly help clear up specifics about some subject, such as the one below.

Signal Intrusion.png

Back
Top Bottom