Windows 7 Text is missing in windows

anthonyjr2

The text in most of my windows are not showing up correctly. It only usually happens in Popup windows, but It is getting kind of annoying. I am running:

Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i3 processor @ 3.03 GHZ.
4GB of RAM
2GB nVidia Geforce 9500GT

Here are some screenshots:

Untitled2.pngUntitled.png

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem. Thanks.

How long has this copy of Windows been installed for and when did the problem start? You may want to try resetting back to the standard theme, if you have not done so already.

Check System File Integrity by launching

Start -> cmd.exe -> sfc /scannow

You may want to go to
Control Panel -> Display -> Personalization -> Color -> Advanced color settings

I'm guessing someplace in there you have text and bacground set to the same color...

How long has this copy of Windows been installed for and when did the problem start? You may want to try resetting back to the standard theme, if you have not done so already.

Check System File Integrity by launching

Start -> cmd.exe -> sfc /scannow

This Copy has been installed since July 20th. I reset back to the standard theme already, but it didnt help. The system file integrity scan did not solve the problem either.

You may want to go to
Control Panel -> Display -> Personalization -> Color -> Advanced color settings

I'm guessing someplace in there you have text and bacground set to the same color...

I dont understand what you mean.

Last edited:
When text does funny things in Windows, there is always a possibility that a system font has been deleted or corrupted. The SFC should find fonts that are completely deleted, but perhaps not partially removed.

Have you done anything or loaded any software that might have messed with the Win 7 system fonts?

Your attachments don't seem to be the normal font problems, since fonts can have substitutes that will work but look funny. Since text is completely missing from yours, I am no expert, but might guess you could be missing some .dll file you need to make windows work correctly.

If you cannot find the exact problem, you have the option of doing a repair install by opening the Install DVD from within Windows and doing an upgrade install. That will redo your system, but keep all the programs and settings. You may however, have to re-activate.

I always try to keep a fairly recent image backup just in case something like this happens. If you do not have one or you can not restore back to a period prior to the problem occurring, the suggestion should help.

I will assume you have run one or two virus scanners on your system.

What CommonTater was saying about your color settings is that if both the font and background are the same color then you will not be able to see the font. Follow the instruction and see if there are any settings you might change to check.

When text does funny things in Windows, there is always a possibility that a system font has been deleted or corrupted. The SFC should find fonts that are completely deleted, but perhaps not partially removed.

Have you done anything or loaded any software that might have messed with the Win 7 system fonts?

Your attachments don't seem to be the normal font problems, since fonts can have substitutes that will work but look funny. Since text is completely missing from yours, I am no expert, but might guess you could be missing some .dll file you need to make windows work correctly.

If you cannot find the exact problem, you have the option of doing a repair install by opening the Install DVD from within Windows and doing an upgrade install. That will redo your system, but keep all the programs and settings. You may however, have to re-activate.

I always try to keep a fairly recent image backup just in case something like this happens. If you do not have one or you can not restore back to a period prior to the problem occurring, the suggestion should help.

I will assume you have run one or two virus scanners on your system.

What CommonTater was saying about your color settings is that if both the font and background are the same color then you will not be able to see the font. Follow the instruction and see if there are any settings you might change to check.

Thanks for the help. I dont know what happened but ever since my last post I have not had the problem again. Thanks for everyone's help though! (P.S I ran an SFC scan one more time, and that might have been why my problem was solved.)

Back
Top Bottom