Windows 8 Text size on my laptop monitor is not stable

Colonel Biggs

I am using a relatively new Toshiba Satellite laptop, which came with Windows 8 (64-bit). Frequently, as I am typing, the text size will suddenly enlarge. I don't believe that my wrist is interfering with the keyboard, but I can't be certain. I have not had this problem with previous laptops that I have owned.

How do I go about returning the text size to a normal viewing size in Windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon
Houston, TX

I am using a relatively new Toshiba Satellite laptop, which came with Windows 8 (64-bit). Frequently, as I am typing, the text size will suddenly enlarge. I don't believe that my wrist is interfering with the keyboard, but I can't be certain. I have not had this problem with previous laptops that I have owned.

How do I go about returning the text size to a normal viewing size in Windows 8?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon
Houston, TX

Follow Up:

My desktop has not changed in size. The enlarged print only occurs when I access/open a web site.

Gordon

The enlarged print only occurs when I access/open a web site
Perhaps it is associated with the individual browser's (and you don't mention which one) zoom feature.
With the website open try holding the control key "Ctrl" bottom left of keyboard and simultaneously strike the 0 (zero) key (top row of keyboard or number pad if NumLock is on).

Perhaps it is associated with the individual browser's (and you don't mention which one) zoom feature.
With the website open try holding the control key "Ctrl" bottom left of keyboard and simultaneously strike the 0 (zero) key (top row of keyboard or number pad if NumLock is on).

Right on the money! This is a new one to me (as is Windows 8). Is the fix something unique to 8? What is it adjusting? And, why does it just apply to web sites? (I am using IE 10.)

Thanks for your prompt response!

Gordon

You're welcome..... And
It's adjusting the applications zoom control (you can also use the Ctrl Key + The Mouse Wheel and if available the application slider usually found in the bottom right corner) and it doesn't just apply to just "websites", many applications, like most of the Office Suite (word docs, excel spreadsheets, an email in Outlook), have this function built into it as a feature. I suspect to make things easier for old folks like me.

Back