Windows 7 The Hard Working Card Reader...

Kylethedarkn

Ok, so I bought a no name internal universal card reader for my computer when I was building it. When I first installed it everything worked fine and it could read all of my cards. Now the activity light is constantly on and the only slot on the card reader that works is the usb port.

I already check the site for drivers and the newest/only ones they had were for Windows 98...so yeah. Also in device manager there are no errors or red X's I can't even find which device the card reader would be.

Anybody have any clues how to fix this? Would changing which internal USB slot its plugged into matter? Could a windows update have screwed this up? Thanks for any help. And this isn't urgent so don't worry about not answering.

try unplugging it and plugging it back in. i have to do it about once a week. though it was the reader, so i bought a new one, same problem though, every week or so it just craps out and i have to unplug and plug back in while windows 7 is running

try unplugging it and plugging it back in. i have to do it about once a week. though it was the reader, so i bought a new one, same problem though, every week or so it just craps out and i have to unplug and plug back in while windows 7 is running

It's internal...is it safe to pull a plug out of the motherboard while the computer is running?

mine is internal too, its no different than an external usb port. just be careful you dont touch anything you shouldn't, dont need a short and to cook your motherboard. becareful with static too, ive seen motherboard go from that as well (static into a usb cord)

Back
Top Bottom