Windows 10 The screen flashes occasionally

Terje Meringdal

I have problems with the screen of the PC starts blinking occasionally. It does not last many seconds, but I am afraid that it could be worse. Therefore, I wonder what I can do? eg. update the driver or the like. Has been built on video and there are driver update and is working correctly. But is it that it can be rolled back, if I can do it? The capacity of the PC is not full, but it is about 95% full, so possible there is too much?

It is Lenovo G510 about 5 years old. I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It has 6 G memory and about 850 G storage. Core i7.

If you can hook it up to an external monitor I'd do that and see if the flicker continues, if not then it could be a failing screen or inverter in the laptop, if it does follow to the external monitor then it's probably a driver issue or Windows corruption.

I think it is driver issue or Windows corruption. I have problem in Windows 10 with Windows Update, but it is not the same ? But what can I do with the driver and which driver ?

You'll want to get them from the manufacturer site, since the laptop is five years old there may not be Windows 10 drivers which maybe the root cause of your issue.

I read here on the web about Windows 10 driver:

If these steps do not work, try to reinstall the driver : "Open the Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device and select Uninstall. Start your PC again, then the driver tried reinstalled"
and wondering when if I should take the chance to uninstall the driver for your video card and restart your computer. Will the new or updated driver to be installed ?

If there is a newer one available you'll need to download and install it. It should prompt you to reboot and use the new one.

I wonder if I've found the error. When it starts to blink, I go out jack of your PC and insert it again, then lit it again. Then I guess there is something wrong physically with the contact?

It appears that the latest driver is already installed, but I also read that I still can uninstall this driver, and then restart the PC. Understanding the way that the driver then will update itself. Maybe it helps, or is there a chance to take?

not to interfere with the goings-on here … but, purportedly, the lenovo's g510 made it's appearance back in early 2014 … so, it's less than 3 years old. and, terje, in case you had bought extended warranty … you might still be able to take advantage of that.

additionally … just googling "lenovo g510 screen flickering" leads to quite a number of hits.

Back