Windows 7 The sound isn't working...

Devourer

I own an HP Pavilion zv6000, and recently installed Windows 7 on it. The OS is great, and I can't find any glitches in it-as far as daily usage goes-except for one. THE SOUND ISN'T WORKING! I installed the latest Realtek driver, and when I go to the device manager and click on "Realtek AC'97 Audio", the dialog box that comes up says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Can anyone help?

Try clicking "update driver" in the device manager under your audio driver. If that dont work uninstall the driver and reboot, Windows might find a working driver, and if that does work try installing the new driver in compatibility mode

I too installed the windows 7 ultimate and found that there is no sound, i tried to do that by searching for any drivers for windows 7, but they are not out yet. I have a lenovo machine, so what I did was, I went to the lenovo site, downloaded the sound drivers for vista for my notebook model. I installed them, it worked. So, what I think is, download the sound drivers from your laptops company website for VISTA.

BOB

I've looked and looked for the driver, and I've installed the latest Vista drivers, but nothing is working! I think I'm just going to go back to XP.

mine isnt working either but i had problems before and had a spare sound card (a long time ago) i forgot it was in there and never even used it so i am using that and it seems to work fine. it picks up both but just says there is no speakers plugged into the onboard sound???

Back
Top Bottom