Windows 10 This all came about after Win10 updates

Lately, I have been getting some odd messages when I turn on this HP desktop with Win 10 Home. It had Win 7 before and it has all the latest updates. More the updates, the more odd messaged I get.
Here is one that came up this morning when I first turned on the PC.
"You PC/Device needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn't be loaded because the Kernel is missing or contains errors. FILE: \Windows\System32\ NTOSKRNL.EXE Error Code: OxcOOOOO98 and OXcOOOOO221 You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have an installation media. (Like a disc or USB device) contact you PC Administor or PC/Device manufacturer"

These are those errors. NTOSKRNL is the main windows kernel executable. There is a good chance that or installation was corrupted during an update or possibly due to hardware failing. I would start by trying to boot into safe mode to rule out driver problems. You could also try booting into recovery media and trying to repair windows.

ERROR_TOO_MANY_MUXWAITERS
152 (0x98)
DosMuxSemWait did not execute; too many semaphores are already set.

ERROR_INVALID_PORT_ATTRIBUTES
545 (0x221)
Invalid Object Attributes specified to NtCreatePort or invalid Port Attributes specified to NtConnectPort

These are those errors. NTOSKRNL is the main windows kernel executable. There is a good chance that or installation was corrupted during an update or possibly due to hardware failing. I would start by trying to boot into safe mode to rule out driver problems. You could also try booting into recovery media and trying to repair windows.

ERROR_TOO_MANY_MUXWAITERS
152 (0x98)
DosMuxSemWait did not execute; too many semaphores are already set.

ERROR_INVALID_PORT_ATTRIBUTES
545 (0x221)
Invalid Object Attributes specified to NtCreatePort or invalid Port Attributes specified to NtConnectPort

I had no errors, problems of any kind before the Win 10 upgrade. So, one would think all this came about with the upgrade, the many problems with the Anniversary update and any updates that followed.

I'll play their (Microsoft) game for a bit, and if these odd messages keep coming, I'll just replace the hard drive with a new one and reinstall the Windows 7 Home OS on the new drive, giving the satisfaction that I had before Win 10.

Back